Math Intervention Specialist
- Job Type
Universal Education Companies is seeking dynamic and passionate Math Intervention Specialists to work in an urban school setting in Philadelphia, PA. Universal’s teachers work to create a warm and welcoming school culture that is driven by scholar achievement, and teachers are committed to high expectations and dedicated support for scholars!
Direct Instruction to Scholars: (No more than 50% of the Math Interventionist’s time shall be devoted to this category.)
- Provide direct instruction in the areas of math for identified groups and individual students, with an emphasis on emergent, beginning, and transitional skills.
- Supports, supplements and extends classroom teaching, work collaboratively to implement a quality math program that is research-based and meets the need of students.
- Train and support teachers on the use of math
- Utilize data from diagnostic assessments to create an Independent Educational Plan for students math below grade level
Math Leader: (At least 50% of math interventionist’s time shall be devoted to coaching which includes, but is not limited to, co-teaching, collaboration, facilitation of instructional strategies, modeling, observing, and providing feedback.)
- Help teachers diagnose students’ math strengths and weaknesses and match these skills with appropriate techniques and materials.
- Maintain appropriate data on students, including present levels of performance and intervention strategies.
- Identify literature for use in all content areas in support of the curriculum.
- Provide curriculum support and training for all teachers and continuous staff development that supports school division initiatives.
- Model and coach instructional methods in a variety of settings (whole group and small group) and provide follow -up support.
- Collaborate with and coach teachers on the use of assessment data to plan instruction; analyze school math data and plan for future math needs
- Use diagnostic data to identify math strategies for implementation across all content areas.
- Provide ongoing training and follow-up in the use of assessment tools.
- Select instructional materials to meet student needs.
- Participate in collaborative instructional planning.
- Assess students using a variety of measures to determine appropriate placement and specific instructional needs.
- Conduct classroom visits and provide feedback to teachers and administrators on the school’s math program.
- Serve as a liaison between the school and the Department of Curriculum and Instruction by attending meetings and disseminating information.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree, preferred
- PENNSYLVANIA TEACHING CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (Level I or II ); Certification in Math, preferred
- Classroom teaching experience in an urban school setting
Universal Companies/ Universal Family of Schools adheres to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities to all job applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Improving Communities… Changing Lives
Apply for Math Intervention Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly