Liberty Elementary School After School Director
- Job Type
- After School
After School/CLAS - 8304 - AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM COORD
21/22 School Year
Provides supervision to individual or groups of students enrolled in the Creative Activities Program; monitor and report student progress; maintain enrollment and payment records.
- Conducts a progressive, challenging program for youth.
- Works productively and consistently with CAP Assistants, parent, youth, and community.
- Coordinates the distribution of afternoon snacks.
- Maintains bulletin boards.
- Register participants, prepare and maintain calendar, attendance and student information records and evaluations.
- Maintains order and procedures during all activities; e.g. classroom, gym, playground, etc.
- Orders supplies and maintains facility and equipment.
- Attends designated orientations and in-services.
- Transport students to and from activities and assist in preparation as required.
- Monitor and report behavior of students according to approved procedures; report progress regarding student performance and behavior; check and assist students with homework as necessary.
- Perform routine clerical duties such as preparation of instructional and classroom materials; operate copy machines; maintain classroom records; maintain attendance records.
- Oversees students while involved in activities.
- Assist students in such physical tasks as putting on and taking off of outer wear, moving from room to room, using the lavatory and others; assist student in getting on and off the bus.
- Assist students by providing proper examples, emotional support, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Assure the health and safety of students by following health and safety practices and regulations.
- Direct group activities of students as assigned; assist in monitoring playground activities as assigned; assist in emergency drills, assemblies, play periods and field trips.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and 3 years of experience working with children in an organized setting.
- Basic subjects taught in the District schools, including arithmetic, grammar, spelling, language and reading.
- Safe practices in classroom and playground activities.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Learn child guidance principles and practices.
- Communicate and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, staff and the public including members of ethnic communities.
- Perform routine clerical duties in support of classroom activities.
- Print and write legibly.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Learn procedures, functions and limitations of assigned duties.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Learn to apply and explain policies and procedures related to school and program activities.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Monitor, observe and report student's behavior according to approved policies and procedures.
- Operate instructional and office equipment.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds.
Contact Person: Lisa Kear (email@example.com)