High School Chemistry Teacher
- Job Type
Current CS&A candidates should not apply to these postings. Your Placement Team(s) will be in contact with relevant positions.
Carney, Sandoe & Associates, an educational recruitment firm, is currently seeking experienced High School Chemistry Teachers to fill positions at the K-12 private and independent schools we work with across the country.
Our job placement service is free to job-seekers. By getting to know you personally -- beyond just your resume -- we provide you with customized, curated job opportunities that match your specific requirements (location, school type, position type, etc.) and skills, saving you the time of sorting through thousands of job postings.
Qualified candidates will be contacted and required to complete a supplemental online application if their experiences match our client schools' hiring needs.
Responsibilities of the High School Chemistry Teacher:
- Develop and implement a curriculum and lesson plans that will foster knowledge and skills essential to effectively teach students in the grade assigned.
- Create hands-on, inquiry-based, project-based lessons that build excitement for science.
- Demonstrate scientific concepts using models, technology, and other standard or teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Evaluate each student’s progress in their scientific knowledge and skills.
- Communicate with parents to discuss the individual student’s progress.
Requirements of the High School Chemistry Teacher:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in chemistry REQUIRED (or extensive coursework in chemistry)
- Minimum of 2 years of science teaching experience at the K-12 level
- Interest to contribute to school community outside of the classroom as an athletic coach, student advisor, student club leader, or otherwise
- Geographic flexibility is preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.