High School Principal
- Job Type
Job Position/Title: High School Principal
Office/Campus: Principal/Sagert High School
Reports to: President
Status: 12 months (exempt)
Primary Purpose: Provide school leadership and manage the day-to-day activities/operations of the high school. ESSENTIAL
- Provide leadership in the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of a balanced educational program.
- Establish a positive school-wide climate that promotes effective learning and nurtures students and staff self-esteem.
- Provide leadership in developing appropriate strategic plans to support the school’s purpose, mission and vision.
- Work with appropriate administrators in recruitment, selection, and assignment of personnel.
- Responsible for the supervision and evaluation of the performance of school personnel
- Responsible for the formation, implementation, and evaluation of school procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Work with the director of finance and the president to develop the campus budget in coordination with the campus department budget managers
- Supervise faculty members and other administrative staff.
- Supervise the Administrators, Department Chairs, Principal’s Assistant.
- Attend regularly scheduled and special meetings.
- Fulfill Administrator responsibilities.
- Foster a climate of positive school community relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies Required of all HBA Employees
An employee of HBA must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Christ-like Conduct. Imitate the life of Jesus Christ and take on his behavior, mindset, choices, and character, and apply it to everyday life. Exhibit love, humility, compassion, and servanthood, and allow God the opportunity to work in us and to manifest His Glory within us.
- Passion for Our Calling. Respond to God’s passion in our hearts to complete the things He calls us to do. Acknowledge that passion encompasses more than the work, it taps into one’s whole life purpose. Reward of wages and prestige are peripheral to using the God-given gifts and talents to have an effect on the greater good and an impact beyond oneself. Yield passionately to God’s calling to live a life full of joy, satisfaction, and true fulfillment.
- Teamwork. Promotes teamwork through building consensus to develop mutual trust, respect, and commonality of goals. Supports team decisions, collaborates with others to develop team solutions, builds consensus, and resolves conflict.
- Customer Focus. Organizes and prioritizes resources to focus on and exceed customer expectations. Make it “easy to do business with” HBA. Demonstrate understanding, helpfulness, sensitivity, and a concern of the needs and feelings of external and internal customers.
- Effective Communication. Listens carefully to feedback and others’ views and asks clarifying questions to confirm understanding. Clearly states views and opinions. Actively takes responsibility to ensure there is mutual understanding in all viewpoints and communication. Effectively adapts oral and written communication to the needs and interests of the target audience. Openly shares information in a timely manner with others who need that information.
- Results Orientation. Can be counted on to achieve assigned or promised results in a timely manner by utilizing resources effectively. Clarifies expectations and measurements of performance. Seeks guidance or other resources needed. Takes personal ownership for results by holding self and others accountable for results. Shows strong desire and drive for success by identifying and overcoming obstacles. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is persistent in using extra effort to achieve results. Focuses efforts on, and strives to attain, results that are important to the mission of HBA and specific department goals.
- Practical Thinking and Decision-Making. Identifies, defines, and focuses on specific problems or issues. Determines information needs; collects, analyzes, interprets, and develops it for use in making decisions. Makes timely and appropriate decisions driven by the information, the needs of the organization, and the need for innovation and creativity to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Continuous Improvement. Strives to continually improve one’s own job performance and to better the work environment, work quality, results, and how the work is done. Accepts both the need for and positive potential of change in the workplace. Willing to take managed risk to test approaches that may better satisfy a customer’s needs or to meet HBA’s needs and goals. Develops alternative and imaginative solutions and approaches to problems. Actively looks for opportunities to redesign and improve work methods and makes changes to improve operating efficiency and quality of output.
- Supporting and Leading Change. Participates in all aspects of both the organizational and process oriented change cycles to accomplish the goals set for their particular level of responsibility. Identifies, plans for, and leads change needed to support HBA’s mission and values.
- Equipment Use: PC computers; desktop with keyboard and monitor, tablet, and laptop, iPad, facsimile machine, photocopier, and multi-line push button telephone.
- Work Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday (8 hours/day). Some weekday after-hours and weekend work may be required.
- Mental Demands: High attention to detail.
- Physical Demands: Majority of the job is spent sitting in a confined position. Most of the work requires periodic visual/mental concentration on work demanding precise eye/hand coordination.
- Spiritual: Must have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of his/her life and demonstrate a living relationship with Jesus Christ as described in “The Baptist Faith and Message”, the tenets of the Southern Baptist (SBC) denomination and attend a SBC church.
- Skills/Knowledge: Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work with a variety of people; team player. Knowledge of school policy (i.e., disciplinary system, clubs program). Demonstrable computer skills; familiar with Windows software environment.
- Education/Training: Master’s degree in Education from an accredited college or university, preferably in secondary level education.
- Experience: Minimum of five years teaching and/or administrative leadership including some experience at the high school level.
Note: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principle functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.
High School Principal JD: 4/19/2021
Apply for High School Principal
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly