Bilingual Teacher (Spanish & English)
- Job Type
Are you interested in making a life-saving difference for children and adolescents? Would you enjoy being part of a team working to change the world for the better?
If you answered YES, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
In response to the humanitarian crisis at America's ports of entry, Devereux will be providing short-term shelter care services for unaccompanied children who have come to the United States without a parent or legal guardian. Devereux will provide extremely high-quality, trauma-informed residential and educational services for unaccompanied children, with intense supports for their social and emotional health. We will also ensure they receive excellent and immediate physical healthcare including pediatric, dental, and nutritional supports for every child.
Devereux's ultimate goal is to ensure every unaccompanied child who receives our services is successfully and quickly discharged into the loving care of their family sponsor and, during the short time they are with us, have received best-in-class medical, therapeutic, recreational, and educational services designed specifically to address the traumas they have sustained during, and often before, their migration journey. This is a very high benchmark to set, but we have already begun partnering with leading legal defense nonprofits to ensure children in our care have access to the finest immigration advocates and supports our country offers.
Being a Bilingual Teacher at Devereux has many advantages
As a Bilingual Teacher at Devereux, you will be a critical part of a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated, experts who share your passion for helping children in need. We offer:
- Tuition assistance and Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
- A supportive teaching environment and culture that upholds a Servant Leadership perspective
- Greater autonomy and flexibility with teaching plans
- Classrooms equipped with SMART boards and educational learning supplies
- Staff throughout the school use a strengths-based approach emphasizing positive behavioral supports
- A comprehensive benefit package and opportunities for professional growth at one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country
The Bilingual Teacher is responsible for providing instruction in the areas of mathematics, language arts, science and social studies. You will provide an Initial and Final Report for the child. The Bilingual Teacher focuses on academic intervention and enrichment, and must be able to communicate proficiently in Spanish. You will report to the Assistant Program Director and receive education related supervision from the US Educational Administrator consultant. The Bilingual Teacher should also be available for intakes, discharges and releases 24/7 (rotation) some nights, weekends and afterhours may be required.
Keywords: Teacher, Spanish speaking, special education teacher, SPED, school, education, middle school, elementary, high school, teaching, day school, private school, alternative school, bilingual, Spanish
What is Devereux doing to support and protect the health and safety of our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic?
At Devereux, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our clients, staff and families. All Devereux centers have formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored to specifically address the unique aspects of COVID-19 prevention. In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization, just a few of these precautions have included:
- Establishing enhanced cleaning and disinfection across all campuses and sites
- Implementing social distancing protocols across all programs
- Using PPE, including masks, gloves and gowns as indicated by the CDC
- Ensuring daily temperature and symptom screenings for all staff and clients
Throughout the pandemic, Devereux has also supported the physical and financial health of our dedicated team members - our very own Healthcare Heroes. A variety of options have been implemented over time to support our staff, including the provision of:
- Ongoing dedication bonuses, as well as sign-on bonuses, for direct support professionals (DSP) and other staff members
- Flexible schedules, remote working where possible, and redeployment between programs and services
- Hazard pay for those supporting quarantined individuals and shelter away services to frontline staff, when needed, to mitigate spread to families
- Advancing paid time off and sick time; eliminating telemedicine costs over a period of time
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will continue to adapt our response (and protocols) in real-time to meet any challenges and to ensure the safety of our staff and those we are so privileged to serve and support. #devereuxstrong
The IDEAL candidate will...
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Master’s Degree preferred, with equivalent work experience in a multi-grade setting.
- Licensed in the State of Colorado with the CLDE (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse) endorsement to teach English Learners. Or hold ESL/TESOL certificate in addition to a Colorado teacher license
- Be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Valid driver's license
- Empathetic and have a team approach to care for our individuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor
- Able to attend ten days of in-house orientation on weekdays
- Able to lift up to 50+ pounds and perform Safe and Positive Approaches
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Apply for Bilingual Teacher (Spanish & English)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly