Vice Principal (1) 2021-2022 School Year
University Heights Charter School is seeking three (3) Vice Principals for the 2021-2022 School Year.
The Vice Principal will assist the building principal in providing school wide leadership and managerial oversight to the instructional program and school operations to ensure a school climate that fosters the educational development of each pupil.
New Jersey Principal Standard Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility;
Teaching experience at the elementary and/or high school levels (minimum of 4 years);
Demonstrated leadership skills in the areas of curriculum development, program evaluation;
Experience with staff development and school improvement;
Demonstrates knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities;
Ability to maintain a positive learning environment;
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Reports to: Building Principal
Supervises: All certified and noncertified staff as assigned by Building Principal
Performance Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Assists the principal in duties related to instruction, supervision, evaluation and the overall administration of the school.
2. Serves as building administrator in the absence of the principal.
3. Participates in district curriculum planning, curriculum development, and vertical/horizontal articulation in conjunction with the Director of Curriculum
4. Requisitions supplies, textbooks and equipment, conducts inventories, maintains records, reviews receipts and purchase orders for such material, and prepares departmental annual budgets.
5. Assists in the conducting of safety inspections and safety drill practice activities.
6. Assists the principal in coordinating transportation, custodial. And other support services.
7. Supervises the reporting and monitoring of student attendance, and works with the attendance officer(s) for investigative follow-up actions.
8. Assists in maintaining discipline throughout the school and deals with special cases as necessary.
9. Makes recommendations to the principal for changes in policies, personnel practices and other such matters that may result in a more effective school administration.
10. Implements substitute teacher procedures.
11. Provides an orientation for all new staff personnel.
12. Performs such record-keeping functions as the principal may direct.
13. Supervises teachers and departments as assigned by the principal.
14. Assists in supervision of the cafeteria during lunch hours.
15. Supervises extracurricular programs, assembly programs and assignment of faculty members to assist at school functions.
16. Assists in the coordination and supervision of special programs funded by the state or federal government.
17. Assists in the building of the master schedule and scheduling process.
18. Assists in the planning and supervision of activities to promote pupil and employee health and safety.
19. Performs such other duties as the principal or superintendent may assign.
Terms of Employment: 12 Month Employee
Evaluation: The Vice Principal will be evaluated by the Building Principal