Intervention Specialist, Anticipated
Support Staff/ Intervention Specialist
TITLE: Intervention Specialist
RATE: $ 32. 00 per hour, 20 hours per week
1 . Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree .
2. Direct experience working with children.
REPORTS TO: Principal/ PreK-5 Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
JOB GOAL: To plan and deliver effective intervention instruction to assigned students.
1. To plan and deliver small group intervention instruction to assigned students.
2. Ability to progress monitor and adjust instruction as needed, based on student data.
3. Ability to match appropriate instructional materials and strategies based on student need as determined through data analysis.
4. Ability to create and maintain accurate data on student progress.
5. Learn and successfully implement various intervention programs.
6. Performs such other instructional duties as assigned by the principal or designee
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation as determined by the Board of Education
EVALUATION : Annually by the principal/director or designee.
ADDENDUM: Connecticut College students (who do not have a Bachelor's D egree and who are actively enrolled and matriculating toward a Bachelor's Degree ) are eligible to serve in these positions as part of a Memorandum of Understanding between New London Public Schools and Connecticut College.
Date: December, 2019
New London Public Schools
New London, Connecticut
New London Public School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Candidates from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.