K-2 Physical Education (PE) Teacher
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Licensed: Grades K-5/ Physical Education
Alice Terry Elementary School/Englewood, CO
Work Hours: M-F (Afternoon) 3.75 hours per day
Work Days: 187
Target Start Date: July 2021
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Instruction for K-2 students utilizing the Colorado Academic Standards and Beyond Textbooks
• Planning, delivering, and reflecting upon daily lesson plans
• Working with teachers to collaboratively analyze instructional needs, growth, and achievement.
• Understands the development of skills as they relate to K-2 students and Physical Education (PE)
• Providing clear scope and sequence of instruction to meet the needs of each grade level
• Providing additional instructional supports as needed for students in 1:1 and small group settings.
• Commitment to participating in school-based committees and groups as needed.
• Determine student needs based upon data analysis.
• Collaboratively working with other specials and classroom teachers
• Supervision duties as needed.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the building Principal.
Required: Teachers must hold a valid Colorado License
• Hold an endorsement in the subject area appropriate for assignment.
• Hold authorization level appropriate for assignment.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND ATTENDANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan instruction consistent with the district-approved curriculum for assigned subject area(s)/grade level(s)
• Use formal and informal methods to assess and record the abilities and needs of students.
• Plan effective use of class time.
• Responsible for planning and implementing instruction that connects with grade-level content, with an emphasis on reading instruction, literacy, mathematics and academic language development.
Instructional interaction (teaching)
• Apply principles of teaching and learning to enhance student achievement.
• Utilize teaching methods that are appropriate for the learning target and demonstration of learning for all learners.
• Modify instruction to meet student needs. • Communicate effectively with learners, parents and all staff.
• Provide for and maintain safe student engagement during instruction.
Evaluation of instruction
• Use the evaluation of demonstration of learning to measure the effectiveness of instruction.
• Effectively communicate student progress to student, classroom teacher and parent/guardian
• Plan and deliver lessons in a manner that maximizes instructional time.
• Maintain necessary student records, data and progress to monitor growth and development.
• Plan for appropriate use of volunteers/aides as assigned
• Responsible for assessing students' progress, analyzing results and planning appropriate instruction based on observations in order to meet individual needs of students in your classroom
• Establish clear and consistent expectations for appropriate behavior.
• Establish clear and consistent consequences for inappropriate behavior.
• Establish conditions under which students demonstrate Respect, Responsability, Readiness and Safety which the values of Alice Terry Elementary.
• Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning that includes clear and consistent processes and procedures that will allow students to achieve.
• Participate in professional growth opportunities.
• Adhere to the code of ethics for the teaching professional as defined by the State of Colorado.
• Recognize problems and actively contribute to their resolutions.
• Collaborate with others to fulfill responsibilities related to building and district goals and priorities.
• Demonstrate a concern for students' health and safety.
• Stays within department budget
• Active participation in team level and school wide professional learning communities to collect, analyze, plan instruction and evaluate growth of students on a continuous basis
• Accept and fulfill assigned responsibilities and duties in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Follow Board of Education policies, building procedures and any other rules, regulations or procedures that may be established by the District or Building administrators.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the building principal in accordance with District Policies.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill regarding the components of effective instruction.
• Demonstrated knowledge of content and teaching methods in area(s) of teaching assignment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of developmental needs of students.
• Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
• Evidence of ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative relationships with school personnel, students and parents.
• Demonstrated understanding of and empathy necessary for working with students at Title 1 school.