Southern Elementary School Custodian 1.0 FTE
- Job Type
Operations/Custodial/CLAS - 7609 - CUSTODIAN
20-21 School Year
Perform routine custodial activities at an assigned school site or facility to maintain buildings, locker rooms and adjacent grounds areas in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
- Clean classrooms, restroom, showers, locker rooms, shops, cafeteria, offices and related facilities as assigned; sweep, mop and clean gymnasium floor as assigned; spot mop spills and remove gum and debris; monitor gym events to assure orderly behavior and to protect the building from damage; clean tables, chairs and floors after lunch periods as assigned.
- Clean and disinfect drinking fountains, sinks, toilets, showers and urinals; clean mirrors, tile and windows.
- Report safety, sanitary and fire hazards to appropriate authority; report and recommend need for maintenance repairs to appropriate authority; maintain security of buildings; report suspicious or unauthorized individuals on campus; report infractions of rules to supervisor.
- Wash windows and walls; clean chalkboards, trays and erasers and empty pencil sharpeners; assemble, move and arrange furniture, supplies and equipment in preparing classrooms and multi-purpose rooms for special events or meetings.
- Clean venetian blinds, dust and polish furniture and woodwork and make minor, non-technical repairs as needed.
- Lock and unlock doors and gates as appropriate; maintain security of assigned areas according to established guidelines; turn alarm system off in the morning and on in the evenings as directed.
- Order supplies according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Pick up and rake paper, trash and debris around school grounds and in buildings; sweep and clean walkways and entrances; dispose of trash according to established procedures; wash out trash cans and follow established sanitation procedures and standards.
- Pack, unpack, load, receive and store books, supplies, materials and other items.
- Operate cleaning equipment such as vacuums, floor stripper, cleaning, buffer and polisher, carpet shampooer, scrubbers, high-pressure sprayer, manual and power sweepers and power blower as assigned.
- Shovel, plow and sand walks and steps as directed.
- Respond to emergency cleanups such as spills; maintain records of observed maintenance, repair needs and safety issues.
- Participate in major summer cleaning projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate as required by Kentucky law.
- Perform routine custodial activities at an assigned school site or facility to maintain buildings, locker rooms and adjacent grounds areas in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
- Use cleaning materials, equipment and methods according to pre-determined standards.
- Learn and apply knowledge of the schedules, procedures and use of equipment and supplies used in custodial work.
- Learn appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Maintain tools and equipment signed in clean working order and provides proper security.
- Perform minor non-technical repairs.
- Observe and report need for maintenance and repair.
- Perform heavy physical labor.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Inspect and assure the security of facilities during assigned shift.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Walk, bend, lift, push and stand for extended periods of time.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Must be able to lift one-third of their body weight, not to exceed 50 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
Contact Person: Kevin Payne (email@example.com)