SPANISH TEACHER (Gr. 9-12)
High School Teaching/ Foreign Language - Spanish
Open until Filled
Bridgeport Public SCHOOLS
Human Resources Department
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 310
Bridgeport, CT 06604
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
High School Gr. 9-12
- Designs lessons that provide opportunity for problem-solving, creativity, and communication skills in relation to authentic, real world problems.
- Plans learning activities to address individual differences among students.
- Develops, administers, and evaluates quality formative and summative assessments that reflect a balance of content knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Monitors and evaluates students' progress in relation to district/school curriculum policies and other planned goals and objectives.
- Encourages, secures and maintains the involvement of parents and other community members in support of instruction.
- Involves parents in the assessment of their children's progress and needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Spanish certification 7-12 (023).
- Masters' degree in education, Spanish Language, or in related field preferred.
- Three years successful teaching experience in an urban setting.
- Experience in the use of educational technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
Salary will be in accordance with the BEA contract salary schedule.
Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport Public Schools' AppliTrack system:
It is the policy of the Bridgeport Board of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, present or past mental disorder, mental retardation, or learning disability, in any of its education programs, activities, or employment practices.
"Bridgeport Public Schools is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer."