Social Worker- School (21-22)
Licensed - Social Worker/Social Worker- School
Virginia Court Elementary School
Click here to visit our interactive map where you can find out more information on each individual school, such as highlights, school data, demographics and more.See the teacher salary schedule at http://www.aps.k12.co.us/hr/teachsalary.html Days/Hours: Days: 187 day position (new teachers 190 day position) General Description:
- Provide mental health services for students to support student achievement.
- Support students with personal and psychological issues that may impact academic performance, behavior and socialization.
- Support student needs around attendance, behavior, or other causes of distress.
- Refer students to outside support services or agencies to help students cope with economic, emotional or physical challenges.
- Assess students to identify the areas in which they might need counseling or assistance to be able to function effectively in a school environment.
- Communicate with parents, teachers, and administration to provide full view of issues facing an individual student, group, or entire school.
- Maintain case files and report/track student problems and progress to recognize patterns in behavior.
- Assist with student remediation by providing counseling, treatment plans or workshops.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
- Holds a Colorado special service provider license or is currently eligible for one with the appropriate endorsement for this position.
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, , previous work experience.
- Acceptable Licenses
- School Social Worker (ages birth thru 21)
Condition of Employment: As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment.
Click here to learn about the Culturally Linguistically Diverse Educator Certificate.