Tutors/Reading TutorDate Posted:
Exeter High SchoolPosition
Under the direct supervision of a certified staff member, to provide reading intervention with students who require programming. Essential Job Functions
- Assists and guides students to reinforce reading in person or remotely.
- Works with students individually and implement assigned programs.
- Assists with record-keeping procedures to document student learning and performance.
- Constructs and copies educational materials as needed.
- Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper manner of assistance for all students, including those with disabilities or other special needs.
- Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to use computer applications to teach remotely.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of college level coursework or passing of examination as required by the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Prior experience working with various reading programs (i.e. Wilson, OG)
Posted vacancies in SAU 16 have been approved by the School Board.
It is the policy of SAU 16 not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices. Selection Procedure
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process FLSA Status: Non Exempt