Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
Exeter High School
Under the direct supervision of the Grade 9 Assistant Principal, work with small groups of students in the Green Commons study hall to meet instructional goals and objectives. Will communicate with teachers and parents on a weekly basis.
Position is full time, school year, 35 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists and guides students to reinforce student achievement in all subject areas, and develop study skills.
- Works with students individually and in small groups to reinforce learning and implement assigned programs.
- Assists in strategies for reinforcing instruction and skills according to individual student needs.
- Monitors Powerschool to document student achievement and attendance.
- Oversees study hall to minimize disruptions, to ensure students are on task.
- Communicates with parents, as requested to inform parents of academic status.
- Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper manner of assistance for all students.
Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed to assist students.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor's Degree and High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of college level coursework
- Please apply online
- Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, license and transcripts have been attached to your online application.
- Candidates are encouraged to review the working conditions, wages and benefits in the collective bargaining agreement.
Posted vacancies in SAU 16 have been approved by the School Board.
It is the policy of SAU 16 not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices.
Candidates committed to the understanding and practices of Competency Based Education are highly encouraged to apply.
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in an interview process.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt