Daily Substitute 20/21
Substitute Teachers for the 2019-2020 school year
Under the general supervision of the School Principal and secretary, serve as the classroom teacher when the regular teacher is absent from school.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Work cooperatively and effectively with teachers, teacher assistants, nursing and other work personnel and parents
- Arrive to work as scheduled, demonstrating punctuality, dependability, and personnel hygiene
- Comply with personnel policies, student rights, and Fall Mountain School District policies and procedures
- Function independently, demonstrate flexibility and personal integrity
- Follow and implement lesson plans as provided by the classroom teacher
- Carry out extra duties of the classroom teacher such as recess, lunch and bus duties
- Communicate to the classroom teacher regarding the day
- Demonstrate genuine concern for the students
- Set high expectations for student behavior and learning
- Be engaged in activities of classroom and monitor students at all times
- Keep students informed of schedules and expectations
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings as required.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard school building environments.
- NH State Certification as a Mathematics Education Teacher
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- High School diploma and significant experience working with children may substittute for Bachelor's degree
Successful prior experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
- Please apply online
- Applications will be considered only when a cover letter and resume have been attached to your online application.
Posted vacancies in SAU 16 have been approved by the School Board.
It is the policy of SAU 16 not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices.
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process
Hourly Rate of Pay
$81.25 - $87.50/day ($12.50/hour)
FLSA Status: Non Exempt