Reading/Math Interventionist- paraprofessional
Main Street School
Reading/Math Interventionist- Paraprofessional
Providng individual and small group instruction for students identified as needing intervention in reading and/or math either remotely and/or in person
Essential Job Functions
- Works with students individually and in small groups to teach math and/or reading skills
- Complete reading and/or math assessments.
- Maintains records to document student learning and performance.
- Use school adopted curriculums and programs to provide intervention
- Attend training and professional development
- Collaborate with colleagues to determine needs of students and design instruction
- Work under the supervision of administration and staff responsible for reading and math instruction in the building
- Report out on student progress
- Assist administration and other staff, as needed.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed to assist students.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard school building environments and/or remotely
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- Coillege degree preferred
- Prior experience providing reading/ and or math instruction to primary elementary children
- Please apply online
- Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, certification and undergraduate and graduate transcripts have been attached to your online application.
Posted vacancies in SAU 16 have been approved by the School Board.
It is the policy of SAU 16 not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices.
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process
FLSA Status: Non Exempt