Under the general supervision of the adminstration, this position will support students in accessing the general curriculum, as well as supporting students with their individual goals.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Supports a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning
- As directed by the classroom teacher/case manager this educational support professional may conduct ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by adminstration, the classroom teacher and case manager
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to support students individually depending upon their unique strengths and needs
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and teachers
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Experience as a paraprofessional preferred, but not required
· Please apply online
· Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, license and transcripts have been attached to your online application.
· Candidates are encouraged to review the working conditions, wages and benefits located on the School Board page of the SAU 16 website
Posted vacancies in SAU 16 have been approved by the School Board.
It is the policy of SAU 16 not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices.
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process
FLSA Status: Non Exempt