Elementary Classroom Teachers Grades K-2 (Start Date August 25, 2021)
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Elementary School Teaching/Primary - Grades K-2
Main Street School
Elementary K-2 Classroom Teacher
The teacher will facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, and goals.
- Develops and administers school elementary curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Creates a caring and respectful classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group learning, and has a strong classroom community.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials that meet the indvidualized learning needs of all students including providing students opportunities for personalized learning.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Collaborates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to develop, evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Performs other professional responsiblities including supervising students during arrival and dismissal and other supporting other school based needs.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- NH State Certification as an Elementary Teacher
- NH State Certification in the appropriate grade level preferred.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree in related area preferred.
- Successful prior teaching experience in the primary grades a plus.
- Successful experience teaching in a Competency-Based Education model preferred.
- Please apply online
- Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, license and transcripts have been attached to your online application.
- Candidates are encouraged to review the working conditions, wages and benefits in the collective bargaining agreement.
- Posted vacancies in SAU 16 have been approved by the School Board.
It is the policy of SAU 16 not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices.
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process. Candidates selected for an interview are required to bring a half hour video of a lesson that they have taught on a thumb drive.
FLSA Status: Exempt