- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Elementary School Teaching
Stratham Memorial School
Elementary Classroom Teacher
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in both academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Develops and administers school elementary curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a positive classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction to support student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and uses instructional materials that meet students' educational needs.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the school system.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional learning opportunities, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere for all students in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members to evaluate and assess curriculum and instructional practives and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving school transportation.
- Administers standardized tests and other assessments in accordance with local and District testing protocols.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning needs and styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
- New Hampshire Certification in Elementary Education K-6
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree in related area preferred.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels preferred.
- Please apply online
- Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, license and transcripts have been attached to your online application.
- Candidates are encouraged to review the working conditions, wages and benefits in the collective bargaining agreement.
- Posted vacancies in SAU 16 have been approved by the School Board.
It is the policy of SAU 16 not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices.
Candidates committed to the understanding and practices of Competency Based Education are highly encouraged to apply.
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process.
FLSA Status: Exempt