JV Girls\' Lacrosse Coach
Exeter High School
1. Has the ability to organize and supervise a sports team.
2. Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
3. The coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through
his/her instructions and actions.
REPORTS TO: The athletic director, who provides overall objectives and final evaluation in
conjunction with the high school principals
1. The success of athletic programs has a strong influence on the community's
image of the entire system. The public exposure is a considerable
responsibility and community/parent pressure for winning performance is
taxing, but must not override the objectives of good sportsmanship and good
2. The position includes other unusual aspect such as extended time, risk injury
factor and due process predicaments.
3. It is the express intent of this job description to give sufficient guidance to
function. In cases not specifically covered, it shall be assumed that a coach
shall exercise common sense and good judgment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies approved by the Exeter Region Cooperative School District..
2. Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through
proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
3. Properly marks and identifies all equipment before issuing or storing.
4. Monitors equipment rooms and coaches' offices, authorizes who may enter, issue or requisition
5. Permits the athletes to only be in authorized areas of the building at the appropriate times.
6. Examines locker rooms before and after practices and games, checking on general cleanliness of the
facility. Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of specific sport equipment
1. Serves as a mentor to each athlete to promote the development and demonstration in student athletes
the character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
2. Gives constant attention to a student athlete's grades and conduct.
3. By his/her presence at all practices games and while traveling, provides assistance, guidance and
safeguards for each participant.
4. Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is
considered a participant.
5. Assists athletes in their college or advanced educational selection.