Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education Coordinator
Support/Technical/District English Language Development Coordinator
The CLDE Coordinator will coordinate high level support of the district's English language learners via inter-departmental collaboration and articulation across content areas, pre K-12. While the emphasis and primary area of focus of responsibility is to support the district CLDE department, this position plays an integral role in the critical advancement of language and academic success for language learners in Adams 14.
- Support in articulating the vision of language programming Adams 14 including the importance of honoring and celebrating a student's culture and language
- Support teachers and instructional coaches, especially related to language-specific differentiated instruction, intervention, and enrichment
- Collaboratively monitor the implementation of Plan for Language Learner Plan
- Coordinate the evaluation of current programming and the implementation of best practices for languag learners
- Coordinate monitoring and redesignation of students on a yearly basis
- Align CCSS with CELP/WIDA standards and instructional practices across the district
- Provide targeted professional development to teachers, coaches, and administrators on language acquisition and development theory, research, and practice
- Conduct observations to promote accountability and program fidelity for teachers, coaches, and school leaders
- Collaborate with principals, administrators and coaches to align expectations for teachers
- Provide language-based data reports and guidance to principals, coaches and teachers to ensure student growth
- Monitor progress of instructional improvement and make curricular adjustments as necessary to ensure student growth
- Perform other duties as assigned
Highly qualified with: M.A. in Bilingual Education (or equivalent) and Colorado Professional teaching license with area of endorsement in LDE, CLDE, or Bilinugal
Bilingual in Spanish is Highly Desireable
- Experience in Dual Language is preferred
- Experience and training in instructional coaching for diverse learners
- Experience in providing high quality professional development
- Minimum five years teaching in linguistically diverse/bilingual classroom setting
- Excellent leadership, coaching, communication and motivational skills to provide teachers, coaches and principals essential supports
- Experience in designing, aligning, and implementing curriculum and instructional practices for diverse learners
- High level of cultural competence and respect for diverse learners, with a demonstrated passion and commitment for the academic achievement and personal development of urban students, including Native English speakers, English Language Learners, and students with unique learning needs
- Experience in using data-based decision making strategies that have resulted in documented significant growth for diverse learners
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply onlie at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly