Adult Education Instructor- ESL
Classified Positions/Adult Education Instructor, ESL
LOCATION: Intergenerational Learning Community
This position will work with the Adult Education coordinator to plan, develop, and implement the English as a Second Language (ESL) program for the Intergenerational Learning Community and Adams 14.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular attendance and timeliness is an essential job function to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Works in close cooperation with the Director of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Educationto ensure program is of the highest quality and professionalism.
- Plans and implements lessons to support adult ESL learners
- Undersands and supports best practices for adult learners
- Assesses and recommends curriculum for implementation.
- Conducts pre-testing and post-testing of ESL students.
- Responsible for maintaining student records and entering data into program database.
- Assists with professional development for ESL instructors.
- Submits reports to Director of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Works closely with community organizations that support non-English speaking students.
- Assists with program orientation and registration process.
- Implements and teaches English as a Second Language and EL/Civics instruction.
- Communicates in a supportive manner with adult learners, staff, and community members.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or institution. Previous successful ESL teaching experience preferred.
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education endorsement from Colorado is preferred
Teachers currently teaching in Adams 14 are preferred.
Successful candidate must be willing to plan lessons for adult learners.
Successful candidates will teach two days a week for three hours each day.
SALARY: $20-$24/hour. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer. All new employees must be fingerprinted per H.B. 90-1077 at a cost of $40.00 to the employee.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: January 6, 2021.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Adult Education Instructor- ESL
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly