School Social Worker (2021/2022 School Year)
Special Service Providers/School Social Worker
Horizon High School
Open until filled
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 1700SW
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT - PERMANENT/REGULAR
This position is for the 2021/2022 School Year.
SUMMARY: Provide a range of services for students who demonstrate difficulties with learning, academic achievement, social/emotional functioning, and behavior. Serve as a psycho-educational service provider involved in proactive, preventative activities, as well as responding to identified concerns. Provide services based on a combination of problem-solving, consultative, and direct service models.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop individual, group or system level interventions which improve identified problems or concerns, including academic, social / emotional / behavioral / mental health needs as they relate to educational progress.
- Uses research-based and technically sound practices to drive decision-making and interventions; and collaborates with school personnel and parents in order to develop and modify student intervention strategies.
- Facilitates functional assessment of behavior (FBA) and designs/implements and progress monitors intervention plans.
- Conducts, interprets and implements student assessment which includes record review, interview, observation, and standardized assessment.
- Administers and interprets norm-referenced and curriculum-based edumetric and psychological assessment measures.
- Participates in team-based follow-up activities to review student progress, analyze data, and modify individual interventions.
- Reviews school-wide assessment data to assist building staff(s) in interpreting and designing school-wide interventions.
- Serve as liaison among district building(s), families and community and collaborates with various teams to assure positive outcomes for all learners.
- Participate in interdisciplinary staffings to determine the eligibility, appropriate planning, and re-evaluation for students who require special education services/programs.
- Comply with Student Support Services and district policies and procedures (e.g., Medicaid billing, accident reporting).
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain from, or be in process with, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) for a valid Colorado Educator License within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess the required license and endorsement. If highly qualified by content test or semester hours, with no endorsement: applicant must possess a Colorado educator license with a passing score on a CDE approved content test or 24 semester hours in specific core content classes as determined by Human Resources.
Preference given to candidates with ELL Training and/or an ESL or (LDE) Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
- Salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees' education and/or work experience
- Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to a maximum of ten (10) years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Master Agreement that can be found on our district website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eli
gible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.