Culture and Engagement Manager
Communications/Culture and Engagement Manager
Educational Support Center
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
JOB CODE: 3003
POSITION TYPE: Replacement
LOCATION: Thornton, CO
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is seeking a cause-directed, self-motivated Culture and Engagement Manager to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and collaborative environment. As part of the district's communications team, the successful candidate will develop, coordinate, implement and manage Adams 12 Five Star Schools' culture and engagement initiatives across diverse populations with the purpose of growing cohesion and a shared culture with a clear and consistent alignment to the district's values, vision, mission and goals, including the district's strategic plan. The culture and engagement manager must be able to organize, facilitate and moderate effective two-way communication; speak in public and deliver presentations to internal and diverse external audiences; and take a broad, systematic approach to evaluating the organization's needs.
A bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism, community engagement or related field, and five or more years of related experience are required. Read the full job description below.
SUMMARY: Provide strategic leadership and direction for Adams 12 Five Star Schools' internal and external engagement initiatives across diverse populations with the purpose of growing cohesion and a shared culture with a clear and consistent alignment to the district's values, vision, mission and goals, including the district's strategic plan. Provide leadership for these initiatives/programs, utilizing content experts throughout the organization as support staff and facilitators. Direct and supervise assigned staff and functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide strategic leadership and direction for the diverse engagement of both staff and the Adams 12 Five Star community in support of the school district's values, vision, mission and goals, including strategies for the development and advancement of the district's strategic plan. This includes creating, leading and managing programs such as the Five Star Leadership Academy; the Superintendent's Student Leadership Council; a resource and networking a group for parent leaders of community engagement districtwide; and a districtwide internal ambassador and leadership training academy. Build capacity both internally and externally to reach a diverse staff and multicultural community to achieve district goals through engagement that is participatory, inclusive, deliberative and collaborative.
2. Provide organizational leadership and strategic thinking to ensure both internal and external messaging aligns to and reinforces the district's culture, values, vision and mission across diverse staff roles and multicultural community. Provide direction and oversight of a variety of district communication methods including senior level messaging and strategic thinking; communications tactics including email, flyers and video, website; and human resources tactics such as the staff handbook, new hire orientation and employee recruitment. In partnership with Communications Services, work cross-functionally within and outside the organization regarding appropriate marketing/communications materials, media and promotion of culture and engagement efforts for internal and external audiences across a diverse population of community including Spanish speakers. Write, edit and produce various print and electronic communications such as newsletters, brochures, presentations, web content, social media content and others as required.
3. Provide strategic leadership to create and sustain a culture of trust, collaboration and ownership by creating and leading the implementation of processes and programs that grow internal cohesion and a shared culture. Using data from annual climate and culture surveys, provide strategic support and establish best practices for district leadership to promote open and transparent communication, staff inclusion and positive morale. Promote and engage district staff through an internal leadership and ambassador academy. Provide strategic guidance to recruiting teams to develop consistent messaging and marketing for recruiting new teachers and district employees. Select and develop culture ambassadors throughout the organization.
4. Supervise assigned staff and direct work functions. Evaluate job performance, delegate duties, responsibilities and functions effectively.
5. Engage with non-profit, civic and business organizations to cultivate involvement in and support for Five Star District schools. Work to foster community engagement by identifying key stakeholders and new support networks for the district, schools and programs. Develop and maintain an opinion leader network. Serve as an ambassador for Adams 12 Five Star Schools at community functions as needed.
6. Support various project and departmental teams, providing consultation, recommendations and advice for appropriate internal and external outreach and communication strategies to reinforce district culture, and support the district's goals and objectives. Design and facilitate training for implementation of community and staff engagement activities
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism, community engagement or related field.
- Five years or more of related experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATION:
- Current Colorado Driver License
- Criminal background check required for hire.
The salary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE. Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees' education and/or work experience. For additional information, please review our Administrative Compensation Program or review our Administrative Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.