UNTIL FILLED POSTING DATE:
04/05/2021 CLOSING DATE: POSTING NUMBER:
SS21 - EST09 LOCATION:
Multiple Locations POSITION TITLE:
IN-PERSON Summer School - Elementary English Learner Teacher QUALIFICATIONS:
- Virginia licensed teacher with an ESL endorsement
- Knowledge of best practices and experience teaching elementary English learners (ELs)
- Experience providing English language development instruction that supports literacy and math
- Knowledge of the academic, social, and emotional needs of elementary ELs
- Experience working with a variety of English language proficiency (ELP) and grade levels (classes have students at all ELP levels and teaches may work with multiple grades)
Orientation for all summer school staff will take place on July 2, 2021
Program Dates: July 6-30, 9 AM - 1 PM (tentative)
Location: Abingdon, Ashlawn, ASFS, Barcroft, Barrett, Campbell, Carlin Springs, Claremont, Discovery, Drew, Fleet, Glebe, Hoffman-Boston, Jamestown, MPSA, Nottingham, Randolph, Taylor, and Tuckahoe
Model: IN-PERSONSummer assignments will be staffed based on student needs. Employees can apply for either a virtual or in-person assignment, however offers will be extended to meet the student needs and the instructional model. APS will make every effort to assign staff based on preference, however there is no guarantee that you will be assigned to the preference you elected. If you are not assigned based upon your preference, APS will keep your application on file should that preference become available.RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE: OTHER INFORMATION:
- Participation in professional learning activities prior to commencement of the program
- Ability to scaffold and differentiate the identified curriculum, as needed
- Ability to implement lesson plans that focus on oral language and vocabulary development and encourage student interaction and engagement
- Working with small groups of ELs at various ELP and/or grade levels
- Ability to communicate effectively with families and other staff regarding curriculum and instructional strategies being used
You must submit an online summer school application to apply for a position. Follow these steps to apply to more than one position.
1. Log into your application.
2. Click on the Start Application button.
3. Click on the Continue button at the bottom of each page until you get to the Employment Openings page of the application.
4. Click the Add Job button.
5. Select the position you would like to apply for from the list.
6. Click on either the Continue or Add Another to add a different position
7. Click the Agreement section on the left next to the Red box.
8. Enter Yes if you agree to the Applicant's Authorization Statement then click Continue at the bottom of the page.
9. Click the Submit button on the left.
10.Click the Submit Application to finish applying for an APS position(s).
Arlington Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Arlington School Board, as stated in the School Board Policy G-2.30, that employment opportunities shall not be restricted, abridged or otherwise adversely affected on the basis of race, national origin, creed, color, religion, gender, age, economic status, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and/or disability.APPLY TO:
Candidates should contact the assistant principal at the location in which they are interested for additional information. SALARY:
Summer School Teachers who are APS employees during the year will be paid the Non-VRS equivalant rate - hourly rate or $32.50/hr., whichever is higher. ( Please note Salary earned relative to summer school employment will not be included in the employee's creditable compensation amount reported to the Virginia Retirement System (VRS).) Retired APS teachers will be paid $47.73 per hour per APS pay plan. Non-APS licensed summer school teachers will be paid $32.50 per hour. If you resign effective the last day of the school year, you will receive a flat rate of $32.50 per hour for teachers. Pay Plan 20/21 SY (Page 51)
The following is contingent upon School Board approval:
- The Board is planning to provide a bonus for in-person summer school reporting. This bonus is contingent on adoption of the final Fiscal Year 2022 budget.
- The bonus is $1000 for a teacher reporting in-person for the entire summer, $500 for an assistant reporting in-person for the entire summer.
- The bonus may be split in job-sharing situations. Full details will be provided with your hire letter.
- All summer positions are contingent on student enrollment.
FROM -   TO - START DATE: