1st & 2nd grade teachers for 5th quarter summer learning program
- Job Type
Alice Terry Elementary School/Englewood, CO
- Plan instruction consistent with the district-approved curriculum for assigned subject area(s)/grade level(s).
- Use formal and informal methods to assess the abilities and needs of students.
- Plan effective use of class time.
Instructional Interaction (Teaching)
- Apply principles of teaching/learning to enhance student achievement.
- Utilize teaching methods that are appropriate for the objectives and learners.
- Modify instruction to meet student needs.
- Communicate effectively with learners.
- Provide for and maintain student involvement during instruction.
Evaluation of Instruction
- Use the evaluation of student outcomes to measure the effectiveness of instruction.
- Communicate effectively student progress to student and parent/guardian.
- Instructional management.
- Attend to tasks in a manner that maximizes instruction.
- Maintain necessary student records.
- Assist in planning for appropriate use of volunteers/aides as assigned.
- Establish clear expectations for appropriate behavior.
- Establish consequences for inappropriate behavior.
- Establish conditions under which students exercise self-discipline, honesty, leadership and citizenship.
- Participate in professional growth opportunities.
- Adhere to the code of ethics of the teaching professional of the State of Colorado.
- Recognize problems and actively contribute to their resolutions.
- Collaborate with others to fulfill responsibilities related to building and district goals and priorities.
- Demonstrate a concern for students' health and safety.
- Stays within department budget.
- Accept and fulfill assigned responsibilities and duties in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Follow Board of Education policies, building procedures and any other rules, regulations or procedures that may be established by the District or Building administrations.
Demonstrated knowledge and skill regarding the components of effective instruction.
Demonstrated knowledge of content and teaching methods in area(s) of teaching assignment.
Demonstrated knowledge of developmental needs of students.
Must clear background check through CBI and the FBI through fingerprint submission.
Salary: 20 days (includes 4 prep days) = $5,920.00 (includes benefits)
Interested, qualified applicants must visit the Sheridan School District website at ssd2.org and complete an online application in order to be considered for this vacancy. Incomplete applications and resumes received in lieu of applications will not be considered. Select applicants will be contacted for an interview. This position will close once the vacancies have been filled.