21-22 Elementary Special Education Teacher (K-4) *4K Signing Bonus* App. Deadline 4/19
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
KIPP is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools in educationally underserved communities. Over 100,000 students attend one of the 242 KIPP schools that operate in 31 regions across the United States. KIPP Philadelphia Schools Public Schools (KPPS) is a part of the national KIPP network and currently leads six schools serving approximately 2,400 students in North and West Philadelphia.
Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students to pursue the paths they choose-college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
We are seeking talented, committed, culturally competent Elementary Special Education Teachers (grades K-4) for the 21-22 school year. Our first application deadline for 21-22 positions is March 15, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis - all applicants will hear from us no later than Monday, February 8th regarding the status of their application.
Teaching opportunities at KPPS begin in July of 2021. Submitting this application considers you for all 2021-2022 teaching opportunities for which you are qualified. To browse immediate openings, please visit our careers website .
Teaching & Leading at KPPS
We know that talented, committed, culturally competent teachers and leaders have the power to amplify our children's potential by creating a school experience that affirms, values, and challenges them each day. We seek to create a professional environment full of joy, candor, care and respect where excellent educators can make a long-term home. Educators at KIPP:
- Embrace new learning via regular 1-1 coaching and professional development
- Work with and alongside peers to tackle challenges, celebrate successes
- Play an active role in shaping and reshaping school and grade-wide practices and systems
- Actively examine the dynamics of identity and power via equity sessions and affinity groups
- Operate with clarity on individual & school-wide goals and their progress toward achieving them
- Embody our core values: Children First, Cultural Competence, Ownership, Community
- Enjoy a competitive, equitable, predictable approach to compensation and 100% employer-paid health benefits for employees and their families
- Classroom Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all children feel affirmed, valued and challenged every day
- Create rigorous, engaging unit and daily lesson plans, leveraging provided curricula/resources
- Infuse core values into daily lessons and every school practice, implementing school-wide student culture systems and positive classroom management strategies
- Maintain a productive, organized, safe, neat and focused learning environment
- Regularly analyze student work and academic data to adjust lessons, refine curricula and inform instructional practices
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students
- Maintain accurate student grades/records and strong lines of communication with families regarding students' growth and progress
- Model and implement all school policies within the classroom
- Serve as a role model for students
Special Education Responsibilities:
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate the effectiveness of special education programs and other student supports (Intervention, 504, ELL, etc.)
- Maintain IEPs, 504s, Evaluations, and ELL programs; ensure services are delivered with fidelity.
- Lead Child Find efforts and drive intervention and evaluation processes
- Liaison with parents via trainings, meetings, and consultations
- Provide case management for Special Education caseload and provide instruction to students receiving special education supports
- Take ownership for the development of your craft (meet 1x/1-2 weeks with an instructional coach, implement feedback, engage in active practice, etc.)
- Actively engage in all school-wide professional development
- Serve as a positive, contributing member of a grade team, collaborating with colleagues to tackle common challenges and implement grade-wide
- Share candid, solutions-oriented feedback with peers and school leadership on a regular basis
- Embody KPPS core values: Children First, Cultural Competence, Ownership, Community
- Enroll in/complete a teacher certification program (if applicable)
- Arrive at school by 7:30 a.m. and stay until 4:00 p.m. Mon, Tue, Thurs, Friday and 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday for Professional Development
- Attend designated school functions outside of school hours (Back to School Night, Report Card Conferences, Community Events, etc.)
- Contribute to the planning and execution of all school-wide events
- Develop strong relationships with the families of students through home visits, participation in school events and phone calls home
- Perform necessary support duties including (but not limited to) bus, lunch, and dismissal duties
- Chaperone field lessons/field trips
- Additional responsibilities may arise during the school year. They will be communicated to all employees with as much notice and flexibility as possible.
- Bachelor's degree (in education preferred) with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Background knowledge and experience in a PK-12 school setting (student teaching, observations, after school programs, etc.)
- Demonstrated excellence in academic and/or work history
- Love and see the high potential of all children
- All required criminal and child abuse background checks
- PA State Police Clearance
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Cogent Federal Fingerprinting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Teacher salaries at KPPS are competitive, equitable, and predictable.
- Teachers enjoy a comprehensive, 100% employer-paid benefits package.
- Uncertified teachers have access to $2500 in tuition reimbursement to pursue certification.
Apply for 21-22 Elementary Special Education Teacher (K-4) *4K Signing Bonus* App. Deadline 4/19
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly