Charter School Executive Director
- Job Type
An Amazing Leadership Opportunity
Redding School of the Arts, located in Redding, California, is seeking a new Executive Director that will join our team in July 2021 and collaborate with the outgoing Executive Director to ensure a smooth transition of leadership. In addition to the current K-8 school, Redding School of the Arts (RSA) is planning to create an Early College High school starting with 9th grade in the 2022-2023 school year.
RSA is structured as an independent K-8 visual and performing arts charter school within the Columbia Elementary School District. RSA has established an excellent academic record, is well-governed, fiscally sound with substantial reserves, and has a fully collaborative relationship with its chartering district. RSA occupies a gorgeous campus that is LEED Platinum Certified. It was built for RSA by the McConnell Foundation of Redding in 2011.
RSA requires a dynamic and enthusiastic leader to build upon Redding School of the Arts’ reputation as a leader in visual and performing arts education, Mandarin Immersion Program, and academic performance. The school was recently re-chartered for five years and includes the expansion of its program into high school with an Early College High School. This exciting new venture will offer the right candidate a wonderful opportunity to take Redding School of the Arts into its next decade.
Specific Executive Director functions include but are not limited to overseeing RSA’s administrative, programmatic, organizational, fiscal, and legal management, and building strong partnerships with all stakeholders in our school, county, region, and state while driving RSA toward its mission and vision.
Some of the Executive Director’s most essential job responsibilities include:
- Oversee the successful continuation of the theme-based educational program including the visual and performing arts to the RSA community;
- Provide visionary leadership and guidance of the school toward its mission and vision in the next decade;
- Continue strong effective communication and collaboration with all stakeholders;
- Work with other organizations such as, but not limited to, the County Office of Education, McConnell Foundation, colleges and universities in pursuance of RSA’s educational and business needs;
- Ensure compliance with state and federal charter school laws;
- Provide ongoing fiscal oversight and planning-- including budget development, audit reviews, and interfacing with the CFO;
- Lead any crisis management efforts for RSA;
- Serve as the public face of the school to the school community and other stakeholders and always advocate for its best interests.
Skills, Knowledge, and/or Abilities Required
- Ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders;
- Effective communication: public-speaking, listening, written language, and team-building skills;
- Strong decision-making and effective problem-solving skills;
- Solid organizational, time-management, prioritization, and delegation skills;
- Effective conflict resolution, interpersonal, and performance management skills
- Ability to serve as a strong advocate for staff/school and to be its ambassador to outside agencies, organizations, and educational institutions;
- Solid understanding of state and federal charter school laws and charter school operations;
- Strong knowledge of curriculum, both K-8 and high school A-G requirements;
- Knowledge of special education law, delivery of special education services, and curriculum;
- Knowledge of visual and performing arts education benefits to students;
- Knowledge of world language instruction benefits to students;
- 4-year degree required; Masters Degree preferred; Doctorate or other Professional Certificate as appropriate;
- Valid California Administrative Credential or equivalent employment experience; willing to obtain Administrative Credential upon employment;
- 3-5 years of teaching experience; grades 6-12 experience preferred;
- Supervisory and/or managerial experience required;
- Budget experience desirable; development, implementation, and auditing preferred
If you would like to know more about Redding School of the Arts, please visit the school website at Redding School of the Arts: Home (https://www.rsarts.org.) There, you can view posts featuring our performances, assemblies, and art exhibits.
For more information on the community of Redding, visit the Redding Chamber of Commerce website at https://www.reddingchamber.com/about-redding.