2021-2022 Health Sciences Teacher - General
WARWICK HIGH SCHOOL
Instructional - Position - CTE Teacher Job Number :
3700171386 Start Date : Open Date :
03/23/2021 Closing Date :
CANDIDATES MAY HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING :
BIOLOGY, HEALTH & MEDICAL SCIENCE, ALLIED HEALTH, NURSE AIDE, SPORTS MEDICINE. Essential Duties
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Teaches skills, knowledge, and scientific attitudes through courses in health and medical sciences to students, utilizing curriculum designated by Newport News Public Schools.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division's basic instructional philosophy to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of Newport News Public Schools.
- Plans a health and medical sciences program involving demonstrations, lectures, discussions, and student experiments; organizes activities for optimal learning.
- Instructs students in the proper use, care and safe handling of equipment.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
Graduated from an approved program of study for the preparation of health care professionals, with a license or be certified as a professional practitioner in the area in which one is to be teaching; with two years of occupational experience in an area related to the area to be taught or a license or be certified as a professional practitioner in the area in which one is to be teaching and completed two years of occupational experience in the area sought with a health occupations' certificate or associate degree program. Must be eligible or possess Virginia License with the appropriate endorsement to teach Health and medical sciences. Must possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public.
For full job description please visit, http://sbo.nn.k12.va.us/hr/jobs/descriptions/Health_Med_Sci_Teacher.pdf Reports To :
Principal Duty Days :
192 Months :
10 Hours :
8 Salary Rate Range :
$46, 100 - $78, 896 Job Attachment : View Attachment
The Newport News Public Schools prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy and childbirth, marital status or any other basis prohibited by law. (Reference: School Board Policies 2-33, 4-4, and 4-6).