Role Title: Guest Teacher for Elementary and Middle School
Reports to: Respective Principal
Main Purpose of the Role: Cover a teacher’s classroom and/or class load for a portion of a day, an entire day, or on a long-term basis. Assume all reasonable duties of the teacher in said absence.
General Summary:Follow a teacher’s written lesson plan and re-create a typical day for students as best as possible. Maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social and emotional development of students. Keep parents informed of student progress and potential concerns.
Essential Duties:Educate students by following a course of study consistent with the regular teacher’s plans and routines by:
- Providing differentiated, small group instruction to achieve more personal teacher attention
- Following lesson plans by using a variety of instructional techniques and current best practices
- Monitoring student achievement through formal and informal assessment
- Conducting standardized tests in accordance with school requirements
- Assisting students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study
- Managing student behavior in the classroom and administering discipline according to school practice of Positive Behavior Support
- Maintaining safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with school and legal regulations
- Maintaining thorough and detailed records of student progress and achievement
- Presenting a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school and demonstrates behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible
- Collaborating with school staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to school requirements
- Providing student support services by monitoring rooms, playground and lunch areas
- Demonstrating flexibility and a positive attitude toward new challenges and growth opportunities
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree required. Minimum of 2 years teaching experience preferred. State license/certification, preferred. Knowledge of relevant technology as it relates to curriculum.
Apply for Guest Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly