Children\'s House Paraeducator (Montessori Borealis)
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Support Staff/ Paraeducator
Open Until Filled
Location: Montessori Borealis Children's House
Part Time Position (.5333 FTE)
Position Summary: Assists the Teacher/Program Administrator in the preparation of the classroom environment and provides supervision of children, working with them in assigned areas that may include reading, writing, math, and/or care of self and the environment. Works individually or in small groups. Designs and leads a variety of crafts and activities. Helps maintain record keeping of lessons and other measures of student progress and behavior.
Manages all aspects of the program operations, ensuring compliance with State of Alaska regulations for childcare facilities when the Teacher / Program Administrator is not present.
- High school diploma
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Knowledge of many teaching strategies for diverse students.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to complete certification.
- Certification in a district approved behavioral management technique may be required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 12 semester college credits in early childhood education or CDA (Child Development Associate) or courses approved by the state childcare-licensing agency.
- Prior experience in working with children in a licensed childcare setting.
- Filing and record keeping
- Personal computers and related software
- Early childhood development and behavior management
- Principles of supervision
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Provide instructional assistance in assigned areas.
- Communicate effectively verbally an in writing.
- Operate a personal computer and related software.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and parents.
Compensation: This is a part-time 9-month position, working 20 hours per week from 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. with a starting salary of $19.48 per hour. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) plan, and paid time off.
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a records check.