Intermediate District 287 is looking for qualified Deaf/Hard of Hearing teachers like you for an open position with our Itinerant Programs!
Intermediate District 287 is a west metro district for learners with unique needs. As an intermediate district, we provide specialized services, primarily setting IV special education, to students from 11 member districts in the west metro - Brooklyn Center, Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins, Orono, Osseo, Richfield, Robbinsdale, St. Louis Park, Wayzata, and Westonka. What Makes Us Special:
Salary & Benefits:
- We are a trauma-informed district. We take into account past trauma and the resulting coping mechanisms when attempting to understand behaviors and best serve our students.
- There is a variety of support services in each school including School Social Workers, Psychologists, Counselors, Behavior Intervention Specialists and Student Safety Coaches. All of whom are student-centered and focused on building relationships with each child.
- We value diverse perspectives and life experiences and our strategic vision includes hiring and retaining racially diverse and racially conscious staff across all levels of our organization.
- To better understand our student population and work environment check out this video .
- Competitive Salary: $43,290 - $88,028 DOE and E
- Generous Benefits: Medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, 403b (eligible for match after 1 year), paid leave, and an incredible employee assistance program (includes 6 free counseling sessions)
- Interested in candidates who are: diverse, bilingual, or have experience working with diverse populations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Current teaching license in Deaf/Hard of Hearing (DHH) , OR a valid license in another subject area & willing to get an Out of Field license
- If not currently licensed, must be willing and eligible to apply for and receive a Tier 1 or 2 Teaching License in DHH
**In an effort to maintain the safety and health of our staff and students, all staff/new hires are required to provide proof of vaccination or participate in weekly COVID-19 testing.
Commitment to Equity: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.