- Valid Iowa Teaching Certificate with Instructional Strategist II BD/LD (K-12)
- Teaching experience in special education preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the District may find appropriate and acceptable.
: Building Principal SUPERVISES
: n/a JOB GOALS
: To provide individualized programming/instruction for students with various disabilities, and provide students with learning opportunities which develop positive attitudes toward self, individuals and groups of all ages. To teach/work collaboratively with general education instructors in order to instruct students in learning strategies and to assist students in becoming more independent learners in order to enhance student learning, promote the overall efficiency of the school system, and maximize the educational opportunities available to each child. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Analyze curriculum and intervention assessment data to inform instruction in the areas of reading, math, writing and behavior.
- Provide direct research-based instruction designed to meet individual needs of students based upon data that promotes academic, social and emotional growth.
- Collaborate with the general education teacher to provide accommodation and modifications to students in the Least Restrictive Environment.
- Develop individualized educational plans based on individual students' progress, discrepancy and need and in compliance with State and Federal Guidelines.
- Set appropriate instructional goals, monitor and evaluate student progress; be responsive to the changing needs of students and their community.
- Develop Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans to meet individual student needs.
- Collect ongoing data to monitor and determine needed changes to Behavior Intervention Plan.
- Perform progress monitoring for each student as outlined in the student's IEP by entering data and ensuring IEP goal graphs are up to date.
- Collect and analyze IEP progress monitoring data to inform individual student instructional needs and services.
- Utilize appropriate formative and summative assessment materials.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records and prepare reports on students and activities as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Utilize technology and other equipment in the delivery of instruction
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication with students and their parents concerning academic and behavioral progress.
- Attend professional in-service activities and teacher training workshops provided by the District as well as self-selected professional growth activities in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Implement and enforce school policies and regulations.
- Engage in collaborative work and contribute to team planning and implementation.
- Collaborate with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting student learning.
- Collaborate with Grant Wood AEA support service staff.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve student behavioral and academic problems.
- Supervise students and/or educational assistants as assigned and/or required to maintain a safe and orderly environment which is conducive to learning.
- Collaborate with paraeducators when necessary to ensure student needs are being met
- Employ research-based, best practice instructional methods and materials to meet stated standards, criteria and outcomes.
- Oversee delivery of student's IEP programming.
- Supervise students in and out of classroom activities during the assigned work day.
- Fulfill conditions of negotiated agreement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Contract Days. Salary and calendar year to be established by the Board of Education.
: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the District's policy on Evaluation, State Statute, and any applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.