Instructional Designer Level 2
- Meet Stride
- Success Stories
- Responsibility and Inclusion
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Instructional Designer (ID), 2, adheres to ID principles as defined by evidence-based practices and the Company’s style guidelines. This position designs lesson modules and create specifications for assets that meet the goals of the learning objective while drawing from the strengths of the team; ensuring quality and consistency, and contribute new ideas to products and processes.
Essential Functions:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Develops and revises storyboards, assessments, and hands-on activities in collaboration with Content Specialists, Assessment Specialists and Writers;
- Creates a plan of action when presenting materials;
- Edits lessons for instructional soundness, pace of presentation, age-appropriateness, consistency of tone and style and general readability;
- Provides visual design specifications for corresponding graphics, photos, illustrations and animations;
- Researches information to complement existing materials, including finding external web links, books, or other materials;
- Creates, develops, and delivers systems and platform training;
- Uploads text, assessments, and inputs items into the Content Management System (CMS), making corrections to text, assessments and graphics in CMS as needed and recommending future CMS upgrades;
- Works with Graphic Designers to create and develop graphic presentations and software as well as develop visual standards relating to content;
- Consults with IDS, Editors and Writers to discuss standards and consistency of content, style, visuals and PDFs and coordinates content across units and lessons;
- Participates in usability testing of lesson materials and incorporate results of this testing as well as edits previous lessons based on user feedback and academic review feedback;
- Responsible for keeping appraised of current research and new instructional design applications in the field and in-house and for helping to mentor junior staff.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or related field AND
- Three (3) years of experience in learning product development OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Strong technology skills, use of media and instructional design techniques
- Strong written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with creativity, independence and high standards
- Demonstrated ability to establish objectives, identify problems, analyze data and creatively deliver solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on large-scale projects and adapt to new environments and meet new challenges head on
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to clear required background check
- Teaching and/or curriculum development experience
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home based position. This position is open to residents of, and may be performed remotely from Washington, D.C., and from any state except Colorado.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.