Job Title Dean - EL High School Newcomer Location Ashburn, VA, US Organization Name Department of Instruction - EL Office Department Description Department of Instruction - EL Office
Brief Description The Dean assists the Principal in providing leadership for the High School English Learner Summer Program staff of the school in developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive educational program, and administers the program in accordance with School Board Policies and administrative rules and regulations.
Detailed Description • Collaborates with secondary Principal to provide a data-driven instructional program for Newcomer High School ELs that is consistent with the goals and objectives of the School Division as we strive for deeper learning, provides for the continuing development and implementation of a personalized instructional program through classroom learning walks and instructional leadership; works with the school staff and community to maintain an atmosphere of continuous learning and appropriate student behavior; utilizes available supervisory personnel to ensure an effective instructional program, and interprets and reinforces school discipline policy for staff and students
• Facilitates conflict management resolutions with staff, students, and family members on summer school needs and serves as an information liaison between the summer school building and the LCPS community, maintaining communication with parents, parent groups, school volunteers and outside agencies
• Observes the in-class performance of summer school teachers by conducting learning walks and consulting with summer school teachers regarding their professional development, collaborates with district office, building leaders, and summer school administration regarding long term planning and preparation
• Assists with managing facility needs for EL Newcomer Summer School Program, communicating with the hosting building administrator(s) building needs (i.e. classroom, computer lab, access keys, Technology needs, etc.), collaborating with summer school administrative teams to create a master schedule and preparing Professional Development/Staff Training for staff members, manages summer school resources and supplies and monitors and implements the Imagine Learning digital content program, developing a computer lab schedule for teachers to access
• Assists with managing the LCPS EL High School Newcomer registration process overseeing the LCPS Registration Portal for Newcomer ELs, monitoring the eligibility criteria for students, managing student information portal for health needs of students
• Determines and organizes accommodation plans for EL students enrolled in High School Credit Recovery and informs High School Credit Recovery Members of students eligible for accommodations
• Manages and supports both in-person and virtual options for students and families
• Performs related work as required
Job Requirements • Holds or is eligible for the Postgraduate Professional License with an endorsement of Administration & Supervision PreK-12
• Has experience as a Teacher Leader or Dean
• Possesses leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, and parents
The EL Secondary Newcomer reports to the EL Secondary Principal, who is overseen by the EL Supervisor.
Additional Details Dates: June 21 - July 30, 2021
Daily Hours: 5.5 hours/day
Hourly Banded Rate: $73.80/hr
Training Dates: TBD
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply To submit an application online, please select *Apply Now*To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application.
will not be accepted in lieu
of a completed application.
Please be sure to upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
Interview Date School Year SY_2020 - 2021 School Year 2020-2021 Job Type Part Time Closing Date Contract or Assignment Days/Hours Per Day 5.5 hours Amount of Travel
Refresh Detach Attach
Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability No results found.