Chief Operating Officer
Open until Filled
JOB TITLE: Chief Operating Officer
LOCATION: Lower Campus
WORK YEAR: 260 days
WORK STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
The Chief Operating Officer is a key member of the senior management team and responsible for supporting the Superintendent of Schools in the overall operation, safety and security of the School District particularly in the areas of transportation, facilities, grounds and maintenance operations including construction and coordination, maintenance and development of all building systems as they support the Districts needs and programs.
SALARY RANGE: $110,707-$157,947 Dependent on experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and implements business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Oversee Transportation, Maintenance, Grounds and Facilities departments.
- Directs and maintains a District "master plan" for Capital development, improvement and maintenance.
- Completes and maintains all records and reports as required for EPA, AHERA, OSHA, CDE and other federal, state and local departments as needed.
- Establish policies that promote district culture and vision.
- Oversee the preparation and management of department budgets.
- Support emergency response management, respond to all district emergencies and provide crisis management.
- Ensure protection of district facilities, grounds and assets through preservation of the district's capital investment and the environmental health and safety of students, staff and community.
- Provide a proactive approach to promote a safe and secure environment for all district campuses and staff.
- Establish relationships with community members to gather feedback that will contribute toward development of the district's master plan.
- Prepare a variety of reports and surveys for external and internal use.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hire, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of transportation, maintenance, grounds and facilities personnel. Will also make hiring and termination recommendations to Superintendent and Board of Education.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or relevant field or years of qualified experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Supervisory experience.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of techniques to handle critical inquiries, complaints and questions.
- Experience working in a school community is highly desirable.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish are desired.
- Supports the Superintendent in creating unified teams throughout the district.
- Is flexible and adaptable to change.
- Has the ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- Maintains a positive attitude and is a team player.
- Observes all district policies and procedures, adheres to all Board of Education policies and understands Policy Governance.
- Is deeply committed and connected to the District's primary responsibility of educating students.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions required the following physical demands: some lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling: and signification fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires sitting, walking, and standing. This job is performed in generally a clean and healthy environment.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions. This job description is subject to change in accordance with the needs of the District and is not intended to create any express or implied contract of employment or expectancy of continued employment for any definite term.
Must clear online background check and FBI Fingerprint check through Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
Salary placement is on Range 1 of the Administrative salary schedule and is based upon previous related experience. Current Board approved Administrative salary schedule is available for review on our district website at http://www.ssd2.org/SalarySchedules.aspx.
Employees who are scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week are eligible to obtain district health benefits which include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and supplemental benefits. Positions that qualify for health benefits also qualify for leave which could include vacation and daily leave to be determined by the position and number of days assigned. Sheridan School District No. 2 is a public employer and participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA). All employees are required by state statute to contribute 10% of salary on a pre-tax basis to PERA. The District contributes 20.4%.
All interested and qualified applicants must complete an online application at www.ssd2.org. Incomplete applications and resumes received in lieu of applications will not be considered. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. This position will close once the vacancy has been filled.