NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102
ROGER LEÓN, SUPERINTENDENT
Announcement of Vacancy COACH/ADVISOR, ATHLETICS & CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIESThe Office of Teaching and Learning (Pending availability of funds and Superintendent's approval)
The State District Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply to the 2021-2022
aforementioned Coach/Advisor, Athletics & Co-Curricular Positions.
- New Jersey Standard Teacher's Certificate or valid Essex County Substitute Teacher's Certificate with required sport specific endorsement.
- Must have thorough knowledge and experience in the sport or program of interest.
- Preference to applicants who are taking and/or have completed college course(s) in coaching techniques, methodology and the completion of the NFHS Principal of Coaching course.
- Must have current CPR/AED certification. (Requirement for Coaching Sports)
- Must have the Fundamentals of Coaching Certificate. (Requirement for Coaching Sports)
- Must have Heat Illness & Concussion in Sports Certification. (Requirement for Coaching Sports)
- To personally assume responsibility for the health, safety, welfare, and conduct of all team members.
- To personally exemplify high standards of conduct, ethics and appearance.
- To be knowledgeable of and to abide by all Newark Public School policies and procedures as they relate to the athletic program.
- To keep abreast of and to abide by all New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (N.J.S.I.A.A.) Rules and regulations.
- To personally supervise all practice sessions.
- To personally accompany the team on the bus when it is necessary to travel.
- To personally attend pre-season and post-season meetings.
- To personally assist in the selection and ordering of equipment and supplies.
- To be responsible for the care and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- To make recommendations for letters and awards.
- To personally assist in stimulating cooperation between coaches, other members of the teaching staff, and the school administrators.
- To foster clubs and associations which are organized by parents of athletes and other interested members of the community, and to serve as an active member of such groups.
- To personally maintain open lines of communication with the press and media.
- To perform all other duties consistent with contractual terms of employment.
Principal, Principal's Designee or Athletic Director
Salary, Terms & Affiliation
All Newark Board of Education coaching positions are affiliated with the Newark Teachers' Union (N.T.U.). Compensation amount may vary depending on N.T.U contract
. Period of employment varies by sport or program. Please refer to the list below for potentials coaching, advisors, co-cirruculalar positions across the district. Coaching positions:
Coordinator (District Wide) Special Olympics
Elementary Baseball Coach
Elementary Basketball Coach
Elementary Cheerleader Advisor
Elementary Softball Coach
Elementary Track Coach
Elementary Twirler Advisor
Faculty Manager (Coach)
Field Hockey Coach
Field Hockey Assistant Coach
Head Assistant Director
Ice Hockey Coach
Intramural Activities (Girls)
Interscholastic Sports (Girls
Secondary Assistant Baseball Coach
Secondary Assistant Basketball Coach
Secondary Assistant Bowling Coach
Secondary Assistant Cross Country Coach
Secondary Assistant Football Coach
Secondary Assistant Outdoor Track Coach
Secondary Assistant Indoor Track Coach
Secondary Assistant Soccer Coach
Secondary Assistant Softball Coach
Secondary Assistant Tennis Coach
Secondary Assistant Volleyball Coach
Secondary Assistant Wrestling Coach
Secondary Cheerleader Coach
Secondary Faculty Manager
Secondary Head Basketball Coach
Secondary Head Bowling Coach
Secondary Head Baseball Coach
Secondary Head Football Coach
Secondary Head Indoor Track Coach
Secondary Head Outdoor Track Coach
Secondary Head Soccer Coach
Secondary Head Cross Country Coach
Secondary Head Tennis Coach
Secondary Head Softball Coach
Secondary Head Winter Guard Drill Team
Secondary Head Wrestling Coach
Secondary Head Volleyball Coach
Secondary Twirler Advisor (Fall)
Secondary Twirler Advisor (Winter)
TennisPrograms, Advisor and Co-Curricular Activities:
Band Assistant Director
Close Up Programs
Elementary Eight Grade Advisor
Debate City Wide Coordinator
Debate Elementary Coach
Debate Secondary Coordinator
Debate Secondary Head Coach
Drama Middle School Coach
Drama Secondary Head Coach
Future Teacher Mentor
Future Teacher Coordinator
Junior Class Advisor
Newspaper (Newark Vocational)
Robotics City Wide Coordinator
Robotics Secondary Head Coach
Robotics intermediate Coach
Senior Class Advisor
Senior Class Advisor (Newark Vocational)
Student Council Advisor
Student Leadership Secondary Coordinator
Treasure High School (Stipends amount is determining by enrollment count)
Treasure Eighth Grade (Stipends amount is determining by the number of classes)
Yearbook (Newark Vocational)
Yearbook/Newspaper (Elementary - Middle)After School Programs (Various) Location
Saturday Academy Programs
How To Apply
The Newark Board of Education is only accepting electronic applications in preparation for school year 2021-2022.
Open and Close Dates
OPENING DATE: January 27th, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Equal Employment Opportunity
THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER