Network Systems Technician
Classified/Support Positions/ Network Systems Technician
Murphey Administration Center
As Soon As Possible
Hiring Pay Range: $19.77 - $26.91/hr
Non-Exempt, 12 months, Full-time. 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: Murphey Administration Center
Target Start Date: As soon as possible
Under direction of the Director of Educational Technology performs the work of moderate difficulty installing and maintaining district wide computer network hardware and software.
(Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
Maintain MAC OS X servers and Wide Area Network connectivity. Manage administrative duties for district's financial software. Manage user accounts in the district's electronic mail system. Maintain and manage server backup systems and UPS battery backup systems. Implement and manage inventory system for school site computer equipment. Serve as a technical resource to district site computer technicians and train student and staff users as required. Support and troubleshoot user problems and applications. Manage, maintain and produce reports from technology work order system. Create and maintain Macintosh OSX policies, scripts and management configurations. Test and install cabling and other network infrastructure devices. Serve as primary technical support resource for Murphey Administration Center, Valley View Early Learning Center, and the Professional Learning Center.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX, Windows, MAC OS X, email, word processing and spreadsheet software
- Knowledge of network hardware, including servers, Macintosh computers and PC's.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol.
- Skill in administering a MAC OS X network.
- Skill in administering an electronic mail system.
- Skill in installing and maintaining network hardware.
- Skill in using MAC OS X, email, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and administrators.
- Skill in administering MAC OS X policy and script configurations.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED and two (2) years of experience administering a Linux/UNIX network and MAC OS X workstations.
Valid Arizona Driver's license and clear driving record.
Apply for Network Systems Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly