TOSA, Student Engagement Advocate
Licensed - Teacher on Special Assignment/Student Engagement Advocate
Vista PEAK Exploratory
Click here to visit our interactive map where you can find out more information on each individual school, such as highlights, school data, demographics and more.See the teacher salary schedule at https://hr.aurorak12.org/teach-lead-inspire/teach/#licensed-salary-schedule Days/Hours: as designated by the school. - Days: 187 day position (new teachers 190 day position) General Description: The TOSA will support schools through the implementation of:
- Effective strategies and programs designed to increase average daily attendance at the school site;
- District truancy reduction processes;
- Intentional school culture programs and activities (including, but not limited to PBIS strategies, alternatives to suspension and restorative justice practices);
- Case management services will be provided to targeted truant students and their families;
- Collaborate with families to assist the students in overcoming barriers to school engagement and success by addressing risk and protective factors;
- By working with the school staff, student and family to set short term and long-term goals for academic engagement and success
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds a Colorado teaching license or is currently eligible for one
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, student teaching verification, previous work experience
Condition of Employment: As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment.
Click here to learn about the Culturally Linguistically Diverse Educator Certificate.