Social Studies Teacher - Middle School 21-22 School Year
- Grade Level
- Middle School
Licensed - Social Studies Teacher/Middle School Social Studies
Harmony P-8 School
Click here to visit our interactive map where you can find out more information on each individual school, such as highlights, school data, demographics and more. Salary: See the teacher salary schedule at https://hr.aurorak12.org/teach-lead-inspire/teach/#licensed-salary-schedule Days/Hours: as designated by the school. - Days: 187 day position (new teachers 190 day position) General Description:
- Effective teachers in the state of Colorado have the knowledge, skills, and commitments needed to provide excellent and equitable learning opportunities and growth for all students.
- They strive to support growth and development, close achievement gaps and to prepare diverse student populations for postsecondary and workforce success.
- Effective teachers facilitate mastery of content and skill development, and employ and adjust evidence-based strategies and approaches for students who are not achieving mastery and students who need acceleration.
- They also develop in students the skills, interests and abilities necessary to be lifelong learners, as well as for democratic and civic participation.
- Effective teachers communicate high expectations to students and their families and utilize diverse strategies to engage them in a mutually supportive teaching and learning environment.
- Because effective teachers understand that the work of ensuring meaningful learning opportunities for all students cannot happen in isolation, they engage in collaboration, continuous reflection, on-going learning and leadership within the profession.
- Effective teachers establish a rapport with parents, students and colleagues, and exhibit knowledge of the content of the subject area assigned.
- Effective teachers are responsible for using effective instructional techniques.
- Effective teachers maintain a positive attitude and perception about the educational task.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds a Colorado teaching license or is currently eligible for one with the appropriate endorsement for this position
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, student teaching verification, previous work experience
Condition of Employment: As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment.
Click here to learn about the Culturally Linguistically Diverse Educator Certificate.