Marion P. Thomas Charter School
Marion P. Thomas Charter School (MPTCS) is the largest independently-operated free public charter school in Newark, NJ and is the largest minority-led charter school in Newark and is one of a few such schools in the country, reflecting both its student population and the community it serves.
Reporting directly to the Board of Trustees (Board), the Superintendent sets the strategic vision and direction for the instructional framework and pedagogical approach to Marion P. Thomas Charter Schools’ academic programs and is a key lever to accomplish the district’s academic goals. The Superintendent is the leader, spokesperson, and resident expert on curriculum, instruction, pedagogy, and learning. This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to create and maintain a community environment that is student-centered, inspiring and empowering.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Master’s or doctoral degree in education, leadership, or school administration
• 10 years’ experience as a senior school administrator
• Curriculum development experience required
• Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a New Jersey School Administrator Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Contract length and salary to be established by the Board based on qualifications and experience
• June 1, 2021
• Send resume, cover letter and a copy of your certificate by March 8, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Superintendent
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly