Head Teacher - August 2021 (PreK - 1st grades)
- Job Type
Position: Head Teacher, English as an Additional Language - Preschool - 1st grade
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Start Date: August 2021
Why Teach at FAST?
The French American School of Tunisia is the first bilingual school of its kind in Tunisia. We are looking for an ambitious Head Teacher that not only wants to make a difference for their students in their classroom but around the world.
The multicultural approach at FAST provides students the opportunity to benefit from French and American education systems, combining the approaches of two different and complementary educational methods. The education is further enhanced by exposure to both cultures.
What you’ll do:
- Display an extensive understanding of how English language learners acquire knowledge, and apply this knowledge to individual students. Demonstrate expertise in language development with the ability to translate this into coherent instruction.
- Create and document daily lesson plans aligned with the FAST curriculum. Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt instruction and materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests. Ensure lessons and activities are creative, interactive, and engaging for all students.
- Collaborate with your counterpart French and English immersion teachers to establish a synergetic curriculum that is both appropriate and engaging.
- Establish an emotionally safe environment based on mutual respect, warmth, fairness and strong relationships amongst all.
- Establish and implement classroom behavioral expectations that clearly outline norms and consequences, respecting school wide rules as appropriate.
- Provide a physically safe space for student learning and organizes furniture, resources and student work to support and promote learning.
- Teacher teams composed of English and French teachers.
- Each teacher is responsible for collaborating with their language counterpart on lesson plans and student progress.
- Teacher teams share responsibility for teaching curriculum that promotes their students’ social, emotional and academic growth in both languages.
- Develop and teach curriculum across multiple subjects that engages all learners in meaningful and challenging ways.
- Ensure that all students achieve key learning outcomes for the grade level, targeting instruction thoughtfully to address individual needs.
- Advance active student engagement through inquiry-based models of instruction.
Who you are:
- Native speaker of target language (English or French) Master’s Degree in Education
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in early education
- Experience in an Immersion/Bilingual classroom/school
What we offer: A competitive salary and an attractive benefits package are offered for this position.
How to apply: Candidates should provide a (1) resume, (2) a letter of application, and (3) three references. Inquiries, nominations, and applications are confidential and should be directed to email@example.com
Application Deadline: February 28th, 2021