Tchr of Bilingual Education Spanish- East Ward Elementary 21-22 (NBOE)
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Instructional - Teacher/Tchr Bilingual Education
East Ward Elementary School
NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102
ROGER LEÓN, DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENT
TEACHER OF BILINGUAL EDUCATION
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent's approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Teacher of Bilingual Education (Spanish) at East Ward Elementary School.
Known for its exceptional performance in student achievement, East Ward Elementary School was selected by the Newark Board of Education to expand beyond its current grade levels and continue to build upon its proven success. Thanks to its first rate leadership, the school embodies and models high-quality education and performance key to the district's ten-year strategic plan. Students at this school are amongst the first to have the full benefit of a vision that considers the holistic wellbeing of children from conception to cradle and college to career.
We invite you to join a newly expanded team to teach and inspire students to explore their academic and creative potential. As a member of our team you can expect to support the whole child through input in curriculum design and pedagogical practices. This unique opportunity places you in a position to play a central role as the district continues to build on the incredible strides made under Superintendent Leon's leadership.
The Newark Board of Education is where passion meets progress. We want you to discover a rewarding career with us. If the opportunity excites you then, join our community of educators.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Department of Education Standard Certificate, Certificate of Eligibility (CE), or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS). Certifications MUST include Bilingual/Bicultural Education.
- Possession of a current and valid teaching certificate in the appropriate subject/content area issued by the New Jersey Department of Education.
- Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made for their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis and prepares progress reports.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship, basic communications skills and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers, as specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the district.
- Provides individual, small, and/or large group instruction, whenever appropriate, in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils with varying intellectual and special abilities.
- Instructs pupils in proper care and use of textbooks, equipment and materials.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide and orderly and productive environment.
- Selects and requisitions books, instructional materials, equipment, aids, and maintains required inventory records.
- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction
- Develops and maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Supervises out-of classroom activities for pupils during the assigned working day, as required.
- Plans and coordinates the work of aides, teacher assistants, and other paraprofessionals.
- Identifies pupil's needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Communicates with parents and pupil personnel staff members on the individual pupil's progress and development.
- Maintains attendance accounting and business service as required.
- Develops and participates in the sponsorship of student activities and faculty committees.
- Acts as a resource person on an interdepartmental level to relate appropriate aspects of his/her subject area to other subject areas
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning the academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL
SALARY, TERMS & AFFILIATION
- Salary: $55,000-$103,091
- Employment Period: Ten (10) Months
- Union Affiliation: Newark Teachers Union (NTU)
*Salary subject to change pending NTU contract negotiations.
HOW TO APPLY
The Newark Board of Education is only accepting electronic applications.
THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER