National Account Manager, East Region- SE area GA, SC, FL
- About us
- K12 Produces Results
K12 believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
The National Account Manager acquires and services new and existing clients within an assigned territory. Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, this position works with school administrators to assess their needs and find ways to partner with them on solutions that will help them better serve their students based on an expert knowledge of the broad portfolio of products and services Learning Solutions offers.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Acquire new clients through prospecting to identify and qualify new potential customers, virtual school programs and online public school
- Develop leads through cold calling and referral channels to generate appointments and establish relationships
- Work with customers to understand their overall objectives and requirements; prepare a plan for each customer to identify how short- and long-term needs may be met
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain and/or expand sales within an assigned territory; close sales of prospective customers to meet sales goals
- Maintain new and existing account relationships through regular customer contact; advise of new products and service offerings, and obtain feedback on products
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues or activities that the customer encounters during product utilization; maintain ownership of issues with professionalism and control
- Work across departments to coordinate sales efforts with various key stakeholders to resolve complex issues
- Maintain complete and accurate client data in the appropriate systems on a timely basis to help ensure a clean knowledge transfer and hand-off of closed sales to Operations
- Effectively communicate with Key Accounts and corporate staff providing reports on the budget and sales activity, forecasting the demand for product(s) within their territory; and providing feedback to marketing and product engineering teams for future products
- Familiarize oneself with and become adept at using the tools necessary to accurately track opportunities and forecast demand.
- Contribute to the formal review process of all business activities in the assigned territories on at least a quarterly basis
- Participate in trade shows by representing the business and sharing information on our products; prepare and conduct technical/product presentations and demonstrations
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree AND
- Three (3) years working in K-12 school districts and/or school administration OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Passion for education
- Knowledge of the K-12 education industry
- Experience with education technology and online learning solutions
- Team-oriented with an ability to work effectively across the organization to solve complex issues
- Ability to work autonomously and to demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a results-oriented atmosphere while demonstrating resilience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to respond appropriately to feedback, mentoring and coaching
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
- Sales experience
- Evidence of ability to consistently meet sales goals and quotas
- Previous experience using a Customer Relationships Management application (such as Salesforce)
- Advanced Excel skills for reporting
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.