BASE Program Site Director
BASE & After School Programs/BASE Program Site Director
Thunder Vista P-8
Open Until Filled
GRADE: G19 (Hourly Range/Step 1 - Step 8: $22.54 - $27.79)
MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $22.54
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 12
JOB CODE: 1052
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT - REGULAR
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
SUMMARY: Directs the operation of the District BASE Program that offers before school, after school and summer enrichment activities. Duties include monitoring and managing student enrollment, attendance, safety, discipline and staff-to-child ratio; supervising staff; responding to calls and inquiries; managing tuition payments; implementing age-appropriate and educational activities for students; ordering supplies; conducting staff meetings; participating in site director meetings; managing budget-related items; completing required forms and updating student records; and developing required reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Manage the daily operation of the program by taking student attendance, monitoring enrollment, ensuring daily safety of children, maintaining staff-to-child ratio, and effectively handling student discipline. Order and purchase supplies and snacks as needed.
2. Complete, manage and maintain financial, administrative and state required records and report through the use of district information technology systems. Preparing bank deposits and submitting remittance advice forms. Financial records and reports include, but are not limited to, billing, collecting tuition payments, preparing bank deposits, submitting remittance advice forms, Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), , and following-up on delinquent accounts. Administrative records include but are not limited to, student enrollment forms, student behavior documentation, medication administration and injury/incident/lost child reports.
3. Coordinate and implement age-appropriate activities for students. Engage students in educational and enrichment activities that include math, literacy, science, games, field trips, and homework. Provide positive behavior support to students as needed.
4. Supervise BASE Leaders and Site Aides by training, scheduling, assigning daily tasks, implement disciplinary actions, addressing complaints, resolving problems and completing employee performance evaluations. Maintain staff files per state and District guidelines. Conduct staff meetings.
5. Monitors all areas of the site budget through the use of district information technology systems per district and department guidelines. Prepare various reports, including but not limited to payroll, Monthly Status Report (MSR), and purchasing card using district information technology systems. May be responsible for review, approval and verification of reported time using district time and labor system. May prepare and analyze time and labor report and complete paperwork for payment of stipends and other pay.
6. Communicate program information and respond to phone calls, e-mails and written correspondence to school administration, staff and parents. Attend and participate in assigned meetings.
7. Secure building, equipment, and program per District and department guidelines. Ensure areas and equipment used by program are cleaned and maintained.
8. Collect and maintain medication documentation. Distribute medication to students as directed. Provide general First Aid when needed. Review 504 Plans and IEPs to ensure compliance.
9. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must meet or exceed the education and experience requirements for a School-Age Child Care Center Program Director as established by the Colorado Department of Human Services:
• Four-year college degree with a major in recreation; education with specialty in art, elementary or early childhood education; or a subject in the human service field. Copy of transcript required.
• OR Two years of college training and 6 months (910 hours) of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or part-time equivalent experience since age 18 in the care and supervision of four or more children. Copy of transcript/certificate and employer letter outlining employment verification.
• OR Three years (5460 hours) of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or part-time equivalent experience since age 18 in the care and supervision of 4 or more children and completion of 6 semester hours or 9 quarter hours or 40 clock hours of training in course work applicable to school age children within the first 9 months of employment. Copy of transcript/certificate and employer letter outlining employment verification.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions certifications required within 90 days after entering position. Will be required to take medication administration training as needed.
• Must successfully complete current district training for supervision of Classified Staff within one (1) year of entering position.
• Must complete current state required annual continuing education (presently 15 hours minimum) related to one or more of the following: child growth and development, health and safe environment, developmentally appropriate practices, guidance, family relationships, cultural and individual diversity and professionalism.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to the number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 7 steps (maximum Step 8) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule. For additional compensation information, please refer to The Classified Master Agreement.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.