2021-22 Science Teacher Pool - High School
- Grade Level
- High School
Licensed - Science Teacher/Science Teacher Pool
Please Note: This posting is for a secondary sceince teaching pool, to be considered for a specific school please apply directly to an open vacancy.
Click here to visit our interactive map where you can find out more information on each individual school, such as highlights, school data, demographics and more.
Salary: See the teacher salary schedule a thttps://hr.aurorak12.org/teach-lead-inspire/teach/#licensed-salary-schedule Days/Hours: Designated by the school. - Days: 187 day position (new teachers 190 day position) General Description:
- Effective teachers in the state of Colorado have the knowledge, skills, and commitments needed to provide excellent and equitable learning opportunities and growth for all students.
- They strive to support growth and development, close achievement gaps and to prepare diverse student populations for postsecondary and workforce success.
- Effective teachers facilitate mastery of content and skill development, and employ and adjust evidence-based strategies and approaches for students who are not achieving mastery and students who need acceleration.
- They also develop in students the skills, interests and abilities necessary to be lifelong learners, as well as for democratic and civic participation.
- Effective teachers communicate high expectations to students and their families and utilize diverse strategies to engage them in a mutually supportive teaching and learning environment.
- Because effective teachers understand that the work of ensuring meaningful learning opportunities for all students cannot happen in isolation, they engage in collaboration, continuous reflection, on-going learning and leadership within the profession.
- Effective teachers establish a rapport with parents, students and colleagues, and exhibit knowledge of the content of the subject area assigned.
- Effective teachers are responsible for using effective instructional techniques.
- Effective teachers maintain a positive attitude and perception about the educational task.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds a Colorado teaching license or is currently eligible for one with the appropriate endorsement for this position
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, student teaching verification, previous work experience
Click here to learn about the Culturally Linguistically Diverse Educator Certificate.