- Meet Stride
- Success Stories
- Responsibility and Inclusion
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
No matter their age, wealth, or environment, every learner possesses unique talents and boundless potential. Every learner is ready to be inspired by a great education. While many students thrive in traditional brick-and-mortar schools, others are limited by a system that simply doesn't fit their needs. Stride is establishing the kind of personal learning that everyone can access.
Whether providing students with unique opportunities for growth or empowering educators with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed, we know personalized education works. We're steadfast in our dedication to the entire education community. And we're energized to best serve every learner, educator, and enterprise. This philosophy demands a culture driven by an earned trust, constant improvement, and creative innovation. We’re all in.
The Project Manager 2 (PM) works directly for the Chief of Staff / Sr. Project Manager and drives to make a difference as a key contributor on our team. This PM role is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating projects to support the office of the Chief Academic Officer. The PM leads projects from inception to closure, ensuring outstanding communication and collaboration to deliver outstanding performance for assigned projects. The PM has an in-depth understanding of successful project management principles including planning, scheduling, researching, human resource allocation, budgeting, coordination, progress monitoring, problem solving, and reporting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Develops and refines project plans that specify goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources;
- Coordinates the execution of the contained tasks as defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals;
- Assists in the management of changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes;
- Proactively sets and manages expectations with internal and external stakeholders regarding project scope, deliverables, timelines, status reporting, ad issues and risks;
- Measures and communicates project performance utilizing project management software, other appropriate tools, and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, issues, and risks, perform any required corrective actions, and correspond to all stakeholders
- Assumes responsibility for planning, organizing, and executing assigned meetings (virtual and in-person);
- Assists with preparation of presentations and other administrative tasks, as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field AND
- Three (3) years of overall Project Management experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to understand and solve problems, identify improvement opportunities, and create effective action plans during the performance of assigned tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of timely successful task/project completion
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Smartsheet (preferred) or other Project Management software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint; General web proficiency
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification such as Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Virtual school experience
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.