Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction, Harrison Central School District
- Job Type
As the result of the retirement of the Assistant superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction after a tenure of 16 years, the Harrison Central School District is seeking a talented and visionary leader with extensive experience in all facets of curriculum, instruction and assessment to become the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction. Harrison Central School District is a high-performing suburban K-12 school district located in Southern Westchester, 40 minutes from NYC with an enrollment of 3600 students that prides itself on a deep commitment to the core values of equity, access, rigor and adaptability. Widely recognized as a national exemplar for instructional innovation, Harrison’s K-12 educational program meets and exceeds the New York State’s Next Generation Learning Standards (NGLS) and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program’s standards of excellence. Under the leadership of the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction, student learning is anchored in a vision that emphasizes personalization, social-emotional development and multiple-measures of growth and achievement. As a member of the Superintendent's executive cabinet, the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction responsibilities include:
- Overseeing K-12 curriculum, instruction and assessment to ensure alignment to NYSED Next Generation Learning Standards and International Baccalaureate Middle Years and Diploma Programs;
- Serving as the primary instructional leader on the Superintendent’s executive cabinet to advance strategic goals related to student learning outcomes.
- Researching and developing instructional programs to maintain standards of excellence and ensure continuous improvement.
- Overseeing the design, development and implementation of professional learning including comprehensive summer in-service program, hiring and supervising consultants and leading extensive curriculum writing projects.
- Co-designing the teacher and principal evaluation models to ensure a research-based approach to using multiple measures of performance.
- Supervising and mentoring district-level curriculum directors and partnering with the Superintendent to supervise school principals.
- Leading bi-monthly instructional cabinet meetings.
- Developing and managing curriculum, assessment, professional learning and special projects budgets.
- Coordinating submission of ESSA Grants to ensure compliance with NYSED regulations.
- Partnering with Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources to recruit, induct and retain professional staff.
- Presenting to a wide range of stakeholders including the Board of Education, parents, administrators and faculty.
Nationally and regionally competitive salary and fringe benefits. Start date July 1, 2021. Screening is ongoing.