Superintendent, Jefferson County School District RE-1
- Job Type
The Board of Education of Jeffco Public Schools is conducting a search for a dynamic and highly competent leader focused on high-quality student learning/achievement/growth, equity in student learning opportunities and widespread, meaningful stakeholder engagement. The position is vacant due to the previous superintendent departing to become Kentucky’s state commissioner of education. The anticipated starting date is July 1, 2021. All interested individuals are invited to review district information at jeffcopublicschools.org and to apply for the position at hyasearch.com. For questions and/or further information, please contact Hank Gmitro, HYA Chief Search Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jeffco staff comprised of 14,000 full and part-time employees serves over 80,000 students in 155 schools on 168 campuses. It is the 37th largest school system in the country and the second largest in Colorado, serving nine percent of the students in the state. Sixty seven percent of its students are white, twenty-four percent Hispanic, and nine percent comprised of Asian, Black, American Indian/Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, or Multiple Races.
The district is located approximately 10 miles west of downtown Denver and extends into the surrounding foothills. It encompasses over 773 square miles and includes the cities of Arvada, Edgewater, Golden, Lakewood, Wheat Ridge, and parts of Broomfield, Littleton and Westminster. It also includes the towns of Bow Mar and Morrison and the unincorporated areas of Evergreen and Conifer. The estimated 2018 population of Jefferson County is 576,000.
The District instructional programs and operational work are guided through the alignment of:
- Jeffco Generations – A Learning Centered Vision for our Community’s Schools;
- A mission to provide a quality education that prepares all children for a successful future;
- The values of integrity, valuing people, teamwork, exemplary performance, and entrepreneurial spirit;
- A Strategic Plan designed around seven aspirational areas (Learning/Conditions for Learning/Readiness for Learning/ Communications/Finance/Legal/Operations/
- The Jeffco Deeper Learning Model (Plan/Teach/Assess/Reflect), and
- Specified Generations Skills (Content Mastery, Civic & Global Engagement, Self-Direction & Personal Responsibility, Communication, Critical & Creative Thinking, Collaboration & Leading by Influence, and Agility & Adaptability)
Jeffco Public Schools is a well-respected, high-performing school district that maintains extremely strong ties to its community built upon a history of multi-generational attendance and employment. The district seeks a superintendent who can and will honor its traditions, build upon its successes, and lead it to new levels of student achievement, academic growth, and operational performance.