Job Title Teacher Assistant Location Leesburg, VA, US Organization Name Academies of Loudoun Department Description Academies of Loudoun
Brief Description The Academies of Loudoun Teacher Assistant provides instructional assistance to students under the direction of a licensed teacher. An employee in this class is responsible for carrying out designated instructional activities such as: preparing classroom materials, supervising student behavior, going over lessons with students, providing personal hygiene and physical care to students, obtaining parent involvement in school activities, tutoring non-English speaking children, and performing routine office clerical duties. Experienced workers in these positions follow through on designated tasks and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.
Detailed Description • Provides individual and group instruction as directed; demonstrates and assists students with skill development exercises. Implements designated portions of lesson plans. Participates with students in classroom activities
• Prepares the classroom, science lab, or specialty lab; organizes the room and materials
• Sets up and operates science laboratory equipment
• Performs photocopying and general office clerical work
• Performs other related duties as assigned Job Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
• Graduation from high school, supplemented by course work in child development or STEM related field, and experience working with children; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
o Knowledge of student behavior as applied to children; of the language, culture, and other characteristics of the families whose children are enrolled in Loudoun County Public Schools
o Ability to work effectively with children; to carry out designated instructional assignments properly; to note and record student behavior; to supervise student behavior and learning activities; to perform general clerical work
• Good human relations and communications skills
• Performs related work as required Additional Details Banded Rate , Level 3
$15.57 per hour
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply To submit an application online, please select Apply NowTo be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application.
will not be accepted in lieu
of a completed application.
Please be sure to upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
Interview Date School Year Job Type Closing Date Contract or Assignment Days/Hours Per Day Amount of Travel
Refresh Detach Attach
Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability No results found.