Exec DIRECTOR OF BUILDING OPERATIONS AND FACILITIES PLANNING
Open Until Filled
Bridgeport Public Schools
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 310
Bridgeport, CT 06604
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF BUILDING OPERATIONS AND FACILITIES PLANNING
The Exec Director of Building Operations and Facilities Planning is responsible for the overall operations and maintenance of all school facilities in the Bridgeport Public Schools, including, but not limited to, the development and implementation of long-range facility plans and capital projects. The Director creates and monitors the development and implementation of yearly operating budgets and provides input on capital project budgets to the City and program managers.
- Oversees the administration of all functions related to building operations and facilities planning.
- Provides detailed budget recommendations to address ongoing operational and preventative maintenance needs for schools. Outlines improvements in operational procedures and standards to maximize resources.
- Serves as the facilities advisor to the Superintendent, Board of Education and school building committee.
- Oversees the coordination of activities of custodial, maintenance and outsourced services to maintain and improve conditions in all schools.
- Creates and executes long range facility plans and capital projects with central office administrators, building principals, architects, engineers, consultants and City and State officials.
- Supervises and coordinates all capital improvement projects in district facilities and coordinates implementation with central office administrators and building principals.
- Maintains records to support departmental activities and prepares projections and reports on regular operations.
- Proactively recommends changes in organization, processes and procedures to improve operations, enhance services in schools and ensure that school safety programs are monitored.
- Creates a staff development plan that includes ongoing training and employee recognition.
- Under the guidance of and in consultation with the Office of Human Resources, administers all personnel functions such as recruitment, selection, assignment, transfer, promotion, termination, and annual performance reviews for all custodial, maintenance and support personnel.
- Represents the school district at various meetings, conferences and events at the discretion of the Superintendent of Schools.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the Superintendent of Schools.
- Five-ten years of experience in Facility Management, Construction or Regulatory Compliance.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university in architecture, civil or structural engineering, business administration, property/construction management or related field preferred but not required.
- Certification as an EPA Asbestos Inspector and Management Planner.
- Seven to ten years experience in either plant maintenance, building construction, a combination of either or directly related field of which five years shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in a leadership position involving facilities operations, implementation of capital projects and successful staff development practices in a school district.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences. Must possess extensive and comprehensive knowledge of the operation and maintenance of mechanical, energy management and structural systems in schools.
- Experience in preparation and administration of capital projects with multiple funding sources, including development of specifications, and procurement of contractual services.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, organize and lead a diverse facilities workforce.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws, ordinances and codes pertaining to school facility operations, building construction, energy conservation measures, labor relations and green cleaning.
The salary range for this position is $105,000 - $115,000 with a comprehensive benefits plan.
Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport Public Schools' AppliTrack system:
It is the policy of the Bridgeport Board of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, present or past mental disorder, mental retardation, or learning ability, in any of its education programs, activities, or employment practices.
"The Bridgeport Board of Education is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer."